RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:
Nightmares blending into the day

Hey all you beauts <3

Just wondering if anyone else experiences vivid nightmares that they kinda blend into the real world the next day?, Last night, for example, I had a nightmare (I can't much remember it), but when I woke up, I got out of bed & stood up & had a full-blown panic attack. Like my body was still stuck in nightmare-mode even though my brain wasn't... Its stayed with me all day & I've been anxious/tense/high-alert from the moment I opened my eyes, I can't seem to shake it

& I feel really alone with this as none of my family seem to understand, they just say 'its only a bad dream, it can't hurt you & you can't even remember it? so what's the problem?'

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
Epicene

I am currently:

I completely understand, I get this too. Often the dreams seem to fuel flashbacks or hallucinations during the day too. My medication was fiddled with as it was becoming a real long term problem, and meds helped me from the vividness of the dream and less likely to remember them the following morning. The only thing I can say is to remember it's actually normal after what you've been through and it will change as you move towards acceptance and recovery. I know how hard it is though.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
LittleCloud
LittleCloud

I am currently:

I've had this happen and been shaken all day or for longer because the feeling just won't go. You're not alone Helen *hugs*. Do you know if it could be a medication side effect? I've found on certain antidepressants I experienced them more often, but it might also be a brain chemistry thing to do with nutrition- I certainly get them more often.
Hope you feel better soon lovely <3

So she lights up a candle for hope to be found
Captive and blind by the darkness around
Each wave a promise, a new hope reborn
Sunrise consoles at the break of dawn

Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn Lyrics

LittleCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Epicene

I am currently:

Btw, I also wanted to add that I'm sorry your family don't see how distressing this is for you. You are essentially reliving the trauma in your dreams. Everyone feels shaken by the odd nightmare, but when it is based on an actual past event and is so unrelenting it is even worse. Maybe chat to some friends or your MH team to get a more helpful response?

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)