RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
chingas
Why does everything have to change?

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Cutting on scars

I'm feeling like that I don't wanna have more scars but still I can't totally stop SH.. not yet..

I was thinking that would it be more harmfull to cut over the old scars? Would they heal slower, or look more ugly.. is there any extra risks doing that..
Is there anything different of doing that?

If I get some more scars everybody would see through them.. which I don't wanna happen..

So, what do you think? What would happen if nothing?

chingas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
pixiedust

I am currently:

That's also how I feel. I tend to just cut over the same scar all the time. It's not good though because it makes them a lot worse - I now have a big dent on the top of my wrist. When I was in hospital my individual worker said that I really shouldn't go over the same place all the time but I'm not sure why. Also, it's harder to tell how much damage you're doing. I can't say do or don't do it but just take care yeah x

Sometimes the way in life seems cloudy...But remember, after the storm comes clear skies

pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #3
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

Please be careful that this thread does not turn into a tip shraing thread. Members can not avise you where is best to injure yourself.
I can however say that cutting over old scars, generally tends to give you a slower healing time and can also often result in keloid scars forming.

You might wish instead to have a look at the informationcontained on the site regarding quitting.

Take Care
Kim
First Aid Advisor

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #4
cutupana

scars over scars

the thing with this is that those sacrs can become keloids, like Bitter Angel said, which are raised purplish scars that dont fade. to me mine are quite gross, other scars will fade to white evetually. this can result in infections as well.

"my scars remind me that the past is real"
"Stand in the rain, stand you ground, stand up when it's all crashing down."
"These scars wouldn't be so hidden if you would just look me in the eye."
"Well, darling grab a hand. We promise not to let you stand alone. So stand close to me Don't sail away"

cutupana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #5
chingas
Why does everything have to change?

I am currently:

Thank you!
I don't want keloids.. and I don't wanna find wounds healing slower..
bwah.. so I can't do that.. stupid urges and stupid wounds and stupid healing times!
Then I just need to fight a little bit more and cut even less than I already do.. which of course is good.. I'm so out of ideas.. sniff..

chingas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #6
dysphoria
parasite

Yes...i've "run out of room" on one arm...its just scarred up and down my entire arm. I've cut through scars many times...it's like a regular cut IME. It does make the scars worse though...that's one negative....but *peels up sleeve and looks at arm* i've cut through many scars.

Like i said...its really just like making a regular cut, but what happens in the long run, is that you get all this scar tissue making up parts or your entire arm...as its just scar through scar....one of my arms is like this.

Good bye to everyone on RYL, for various reasons im leaving this site and i will never return. This may make some of you happy, and others sad. Im not leaving because of the members... Good bye and have a nice life

dysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)