RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
Mr_Skalisty

Memory Difficulties linked to my mental health?

Hello, I'm new to this site and after going through a break up I decided it be nice to get some advice on personal issues that have been negatively affecting me for years.

I won't list all of them in a single post and instead would like detailed advice on certain subjects, this post's subject being my memory.

My memory is terrible to the point I basically remember nothing from primary school, secondary school, college and university. I think I have a habit of suppressing and ignoring problems and difficult events in my life but is it normal to basically have little to no memory of both the best and worst times of my life? is this something that could be linked to trauma or is it something which could be medical?

I'm 21 so I should't be having these issues, any advice would be fantastic.

Mr_Skalisty is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 17-08-2020, 07:43 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hi there, welcome to RYL.

I'm of course not a professional but I imagine there are a lot of possible causes for poor memory and your best bet would be to see a doctor so that they can assess you and see whether there is something medical going on. I think that especially when there has been trauma it's common to have some blanks in the past. Some people do just have trouble with memory, though I'm sure there's strategies that you could use to improve it if it's distressing you.

Do you find looking at photos from previous years helps you to access particular memories at all?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)