RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
bob--says--hi
desire to break free

I am currently:
Triggering (Abuse) - i remember

i remember when i was little about 5 or 6 and i was eating my tea at the table and i dont know what the argument was about but my parents started arguing my dad hit my mum and grabbed her and made her fall to the floor and held her head down towards the floor.
he use to hit me whenever i did something wrong when i was younger, recently like the past 3 years or so he hasnt done anything like that. im just really scared that he might do it again, it haunts me everyday what he did to my mum she didnt deserve that i know she doesnt for all i know it could still be happening and i dont know becasuee im very rarely at home now a days as i get scared he will do something im just scared for my mums safety and i dont know what to do? or whether u should even be worrying at all?

xxxxxxxxx

bob--says--hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
popcorn

I am currently:

These sound like really scary memories. It makes sense that you are worried about your dad being violent again-- he should never have hurt her or you. It's hard to know what to advise because I don't know much about the situation. Are you comfortable asking your mum if she is safe, and would she tell you the truth? Do you have younger sibs at home that you're worried about, or somebody who could tell you what's going on? I don't think the police can do much unless there is an actual incident... I don't know. It's really compassionate and caring of you to be worried about your mum... but it can be very hard to help somebody or convince them to change. You can let your mum know that you care, urge her to seek help, etc, but what she chooses to do is up to her. The most important thing right now for you is that you are out of that situation, and need to stay safe.

popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
bob--says--hi
desire to break free

I am currently:

yeah i can ask my mum if she is safe but i dont know if she will tell the truth though. no one else is at home really but me, mum and dad as my sister moved out last year, i dont tend to be at home so i think im alright for the time being. thankyou very much for the help
xxxxxxx

bob--says--hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

well if you ask your mum at least she'll knnow yuo're concerned... may make it more likely for her to tell you in future...

sorry... really not sure what to advise...

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)