RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
dark_angel1720

Do you constantly show up to work on your days off?

I'm talking at least once a week on your days off. Also, do you tend to stay in your workplace after your shift ended each day? Like up to an hour or 2 after your shift ended?

Why or why not? I know I do.

dark_angel1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

No I don't. I don't see any of my colleagues socially or have contact with them outside of work.

I have on occasions popped in to have lunch with some friends at my old job but that is more about it being easier time to see them. I also see them socially away from work.

For what purpose are you going into work outside of your shifts?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
dark_angel1720

I used to show up at work on my days off just to see my supervisor. And it was like about once a week, occasionally twice. idk...I looked up to her and wanted to see her whenever I could. It went on several months until she got mad. I was just wondering if I'm the only one who behave like this.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #4
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

In my opinion when a person is at work they are at work and I leave them in peace unless it is something we have prior arranged, they have a job to do after all.

If you look up to someone and want to learn from them how about setting up some formal mentoring?

What were you doing when you went into work?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
nonperson

I am currently:

The only reason I stay after work is to DO extra work, not to hang around and see my colleagues. The work I stay to do are things that I am solely responsible for so I'm happy to do the extra without being paid. I'm not hanging around to see anyone, I'm doing it for my own interest, enjoyment and development.

From your thread about this before I thought you'd realised that your behaviour was quite unusual and extreme... especially as you lost your job over it and were banned from the store.

I think you need to understand what looking up to people actually means.

Do you have a new job?

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:45 PM   #6
dark_angel1720

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptoes View Post
In my opinion when a person is at work they are at work and I leave them in peace unless it is something we have prior arranged, they have a job to do after all.

If you look up to someone and want to learn from them how about setting up some formal mentoring?

What were you doing when you went into work?
I would go out of my way to try to talk to her. Every time I went in, I wanted to say something to her.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #7
dark_angel1720

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
The only reason I stay after work is to DO extra work, not to hang around and see my colleagues. The work I stay to do are things that I am solely responsible for so I'm happy to do the extra without being paid. I'm not hanging around to see anyone, I'm doing it for my own interest, enjoyment and development.

From your thread about this before I thought you'd realised that your behaviour was quite unusual and extreme... especially as you lost your job over it and were banned from the store.

I think you need to understand what looking up to people actually means.

Do you have a new job?
Yes. I have another job where I've worked for 5 years now and counting.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:48 PM   #8
nonperson

I am currently:

That's good you have another new job. Why do you think you can't let it go about your old supervisor?

Old 07-02-2018, 11:54 PM   #9
dark_angel1720

Quote:
That's good you have another new job. Why do you think you can't let it go about your old supervisor?
Because it’s hurtful that she doesn’t like me anymore.

btw, how long do I have to stay at a job for it not to be new anymore?

Last edited by dark_angel1720 : 08-02-2018 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Adding details
Old 08-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #10
nonperson

I am currently:

Er, I dunno. I don't think I meant to put "new" in there to be honest! You're certainly not new after 5 years.

I understand that it's hurtful but you kind of have to move on from it. Learn your lessons and focus on better things because it won't be doing you any good to keep thinking about it.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:02 AM   #11
dark_angel1720

Quote:
Er, I dunno. I don't think I meant to put "new" in there to be honest! You're certainly not new after 5 years.

I understand that it's hurtful but you kind of have to move on from it. Learn your lessons and focus on better things because it won't be doing you any good to keep thinking about it.
Amen. After how she treated me when I reapplied for my old job recently, I have no desire to ever go in there again!

Old 08-02-2018, 01:05 AM   #12
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Have you thought about having some professional help? Judging from your previous posts you seem obsessed by job and work which isn't healthy. Having some therapy may make you less obsessive which in turn may make your life less stressful. Also finding a new hobby especially one where you make new friends means that you won't get the urge to hang around work which in turn could get you into trouble.

I am not saying that it's not important to be good at your job/like it/be treated well I am saying that you perhaps need guidance on appropriate behaviour and work/life balance which a good therapist could help you work out.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 08-02-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:40 AM   #13
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Also professional help may help you let go of your previous work colleague who you went out of your way to see. It's not healthy to be posting about someone you no longer see. It sounds like there is some unresolved feelings on your part and talking it through with an neutral person may help you move on. Most people tend to move on regarding work colleagues once they have left a workplace since they no longer are a part of their life. They certainly don't go posting about them online.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 08-02-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #14
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_angel1720 View Post
Why or why not?
Just got some major deja vu.

Sweetpea

MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #15
dark_angel1720

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_insig View Post
Have you thought about having some professional help? Judging from your previous posts you seem obsessed by job and work which isn't healthy. Having some therapy may make you less obsessive which in turn may make your life less stressful. Also finding a new hobby especially one where you make new friends means that you won't get the urge to hang around work which in turn could get you into trouble.

I am not saying that it's not important to be good at your job/like it/be treated well I am saying that you perhaps need guidance on appropriate behaviour and work/life balance which a good therapist could help you work out.
I just made an appointment with an on campus mental health counselor at school. Also plan on seeing a counselor off campus when I find an in network one on my health insurance.

Old 17-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #16
Feeling_helpless

I am currently:

I used to stay after work to finish up my work, even not getting paid. I had pride in my work and wanted to do a good job I was trying to move up and learn new things that a part time job didn't provide enough time for. I pride myself in not calling out for years and coming in when others called out. I was dependable, and hard working. Nothing wrong with that. As far as the woman sounds like you kinda freaked her out. Sorry to be so blunt. I like to talk to my co workers after work and I have always done that. Once you work somewhere long enough you tend to make friends. Is that not so common as I thought it was. I never got in trouble for it. How did you get in trouble? I was told. I had to take breaks and I couldn't go beyond said amount of hours. My boss liked that I was willing to work.

Feeling_helpless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 07:02 AM   #17
Feeling_helpless

I am currently:

Sorry not trying to go over what others said I was just stating I don't think it's so bad to be proud of your work. As for the girl you should look into what they are saying especially if it's been year since it happened and you can't let go. If you need to talk pm me, my I can explain better.

Feeling_helpless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #18
Serendipity.
fabulous.

No, I don't think it's bad to be proud of your work and I don't think anyone was suggesting it is. But there's a difference between having a healthy level of pride in your work and becoming obsessive.

I actually don't think it's particularly abnormal to stay late at work to chat, either. I do sometimes, as do my colleagues. But it's because we get on well and because we do a lot of lone working, so it's nice to actually see each other sometimes! But again, it's about having the right balance. It's an occasional thing, not all the time. It's not one-sided. And I wouldn't do it if they were actually busy or if they didn't appear to want the company. I wouldn't go in on my days off unless it was for a specific reason (like the other week I popped in to sign a colleague's leaving card).

I'm glad you're going to be seeing a counsellor and I really hope you find it helpful.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)