RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #501
Sefka

I am currently:

Damn my stupid rubbish brain I DON'T WANT TO BE CONSCIOUS!!!!

Sorry, I post too much.

4 hours til I have to be up.

Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!

Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #502
adygriffith

I am currently:

hey all,
cheers for the good luck, im just hoping to pass and that will be enough for me.

sorry to hear peoples not sleeping tonight, i think im gonna read all night and fingers crossed drift to sleep

Nobody knows me im cold
Walk down this road all alone
Its noones fault but my own
Its the path ive chosen to go
Frozen as snow I show no emotion whatsoever

adygriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #503
Princess Fiona

I am currently:

wow. i thought it was only me who was scared of going to bed...most people my age are desperate to sleep...thanks for making me feel less of a freak dontwantyoutoknow. I'll be praying for you xx

"thou art wedded to calamity"

Princess Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #504
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

How did your counselling go Sefka?

Haha, once again I got only 3 hours last night! Bloody brilliant! I'm not even tired, it's just extremely annoying and this restless energy is doing my head in and I'm starting to just get really pissed off at everybody and every tiny thing!
Might go for the 'handful of lorazepam' option again tonight although I don't want to spend all day tomorrow feeling like a zombie...!

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #505
xjessx

I am currently:

Ive slept since i was about 7 years old with the fan on high every night, i can sleep without it if im on holiday etc but its very unplesant, the noise relaxes me. Saying that ive had severe insomnia since i was 17, im now 22. Currently i have quitiapine (spelt something like that) and melatonin, melatonin slightly worked for a bit. I not long ago had Zopiclone, i love that stuff it makes me happy, but my doc wont give it to me, sadly its probably the most effective. I like being up at night though, for me facing the day is really hard, but being up at night is sort of like an inbetween like im awake but i dont really have to face anything but my head cuse its night and nothing much is awake or happening

xjessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #506
Sefka

I am currently:

Counselling was good, thanks Ange. We talked a bit about why I was having trouble sleeping and actually came up with some stuff :) Didn't help much last night but it was a bit better - went off to sleep at about 1.30am.

Jess, I wish I could show your post to some of my friends in Japan - they're always warning me not to sleep with a fan on in case of 'fan death.' Doesn't matter how often I tell them it's not real.

How is everyone today?

Old 08-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #507
aklx

Fan death? Haha! Please tell me more about this...
I have my fan on almost every night and I'm still kicking :p

aklx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #508
adygriffith

I am currently:

I used to be such a good sleeper, hell one house party I managed to sleep on the stairs....the next few days I had severe neck and back pain though.

I got my degree results And ..........
I got a 2.1 which is a bit better then just passing :)

Also fan death sounds kinda interesting sounds like something off final destination

Nobody knows me im cold
Walk down this road all alone
Its noones fault but my own
Its the path ive chosen to go
Frozen as snow I show no emotion whatsoever

adygriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #509
Sefka

I am currently:

Hey, congratulations Ady!!! That's great!

Fan death is where, somehow, people die by falling asleep in the same room as a fan. The theories are a bit... daft. One is that the fan cools you down too much and you get hypothermia and die, another is that the fan creates a vortex (or something) and sucks all the air away from you and you suffocate. And my favourite is that the blades of the fan cut up the oxygen molecules so you can't breathe them and asphyxiate.

There are other theories but I can't remember them. There's a wikipedia page for it though.

Happy sleeping tonight. I've just finished my last day at work so I'm celebrating with cow chocolate. And as I don't have to be up tomorrow, I'm sure I'll sleep fine tonight

Old 09-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #510
aklx

Congratulation Ady, well done :)

LOL! I am going to google it and amuse myself for a while, thank you for bringing fan death into my life :p

aklx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #511
Sefka

I am currently:

You're welcome :)

How's everyone's night going? Last night I got off to sleep easily and at a reasonable time, but woke up every hour or so right thought until 7am when I gave up.

Then I had a nap from 4pm til 6pm so now I'm wide awake (at a quarter to three) and thinking about all this DAMN packing I have yet to do... sigh.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #512
bitomato

I am currently:

Hi. Well I've tried to go onto chat to deal with thoughts that I thought were causing my insomnia..............ummmmm still up.

Given zoplicone in the past- hate the after effects.

I get really tired in the day so it is really hard to stay awake all day and then be like trying to sleep at night. Usually this time awake I try to do something productive, but it is all nervous energy and it is like I send off the most revealing emails and a short introductory post in a thread turns into a rant.................

* stops now and submerges head in ice cubes*

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,
it’s not working for polar bears
.” Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)