Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
HildaOgden

I am currently:
Depression & Psychomotor retardation

I'm not sure if I'm depressed
I think I am
But I can't be because I'm on the highest dose of anti depressant (lofepramine)
Thing is, everything takes such an effort
And everything feels slowed down
How can I get things back to a normal speed
I'm on lithium & Clopixol depot
Thought lithium was supposed to help depression
May be I should get my lithium levels checked
Any advice appreciated

HildaOgden is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

No useful advice, but wanted to send some support. I know how awful depression is. Take it easy and take care.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:13 PM   #3
HildaOgden

I am currently:

Thanks Sketchy for your support
things are pretty hard still

Old 10-04-2017, 12:10 AM   #4
Sketchy

I am currently:

Do you have someone you can speak to? A professional or even a friend? Depression is a lonely horrible thing, so it would be good if you had someone to talk to.
Try taking it easy and be kind to yourself. I understand how awful it feels. Keep talking to whoever prescribes your meds. They may be able to help you and offer an idea of how to get through this. You can get through this. I know that it is hard, but things can get better. Keep posting if it helps.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #5
HildaOgden

I am currently:

thanks Sketchy
my Social Worker said she'd phone me today but she#s not the most reliable and I'm not too good over the phone
I'm up early as I've decided to try and get an emergency appt with my GP to see if he has any suggestions. Wondering if my lithium level is low, even though I have been taking my meds
My best friend knows I'm not so good but she has Stage 3 cancer and is undergoing chemo so I don't really want to stress her out with my woes
Thanks so much for your response

Old 10-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
HildaOgden

I am currently:

Just seen my GP
I'm having an urgent blood test tomorrow to check my thyroid and lithium levels and to see if I'm anaemic
GP said psychomotor retardation could be caused by lithium affecting thyroid (I'm already on levothyroxine due to the lithium affecting thyroid)
He's going to phone me with results

Old 10-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
Sketchy

I am currently:

Well done on seeing your gp. It's best to get it checked out. I hope they are able to help you.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #8
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Itv could be your brain trying it's hardest to protect you and keep yourself safe. I know that when my MH was really extremely bad all I wanted to do was sleep so literally had no cognitive ability even adding simple sums that 8-9 years old can do feel really hard or even creating a simple post on Facebook or have the energy to watch to the show felt like I was running marathon. Plus being all sorts of medications just stopped my brain from working normally.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 12:12 AM   #9
HildaOgden

I am currently:

got blood test results back and everything was normal
saw some friends today and they said when I am struggling one of the tell tale signs is my speech slows down
Am seeing my gp next week to discuss

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)