Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
AquariusTaurus413
Abbi

I am currently:
It's getting REALLY bad *maybe triggering, maybe?*

I used to be able to control my urges. If it happened while I was at school, I could either make it go away or at least hold out until I got home. But now the urges are so strong... It's like I get them, and then I just can't sit still and calm down until I've cut. I've gotten so bad that I keep my razor in my pocket and will sometimes just walk out in the middle of class to go to this one bathroom only I know about, sit in the corner, and just cut. I need help. How do I get this to stop? Playing cat's cradle and folding origami helps stop it until I can at least ask to go to the bathroom, but it's still at the point where I'm cutting at school. I hate this!

Feel free to PM me any time. I'm terrible at talking to people, but since I have very few friends I'm always open to trying to make some more ^^

AquariusTaurus413 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 27-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #2
lilmissjay
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

I am currently:

I can relate to what you're going through, but I am glad to hear that you're wanting help. Would you mind talking about the things that trigger you and/or why you started cutting? Personally, I think the key is to try and figure out what is causing you to want to harm then that way you'll be able to try and find ways to deal with those issues in a more positive way. Also, does anyone know about your cutting and how bad you've been feeling lately?

lilmissjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
AquariusTaurus413
Abbi

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissjay View Post
I can relate to what you're going through, but I am glad to hear that you're wanting help. Would you mind talking about the things that trigger you and/or why you started cutting? Personally, I think the key is to try and figure out what is causing you to want to harm then that way you'll be able to try and find ways to deal with those issues in a more positive way. Also, does anyone know about your cutting and how bad you've been feeling lately?
I wouldn't mind talking about it if I knew what triggered me. It always seems almost random. A majority of my friends are aware that I SH, but I haven't told them about how bad it is now, mostly because they'll go to tell the school councilor, and I want to do that myself.

Feel free to PM me any time. I'm terrible at talking to people, but since I have very few friends I'm always open to trying to make some more ^^

Old 27-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
lilmissjay
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

I am currently:

Do you think you'll be able to tell an adult about the way you're feeling?

lilmissjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
AquariusTaurus413
Abbi

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissjay View Post
Do you think you'll be able to tell an adult about the way you're feeling?
My next meeting with my councilor is next week. I'm gonna try to tell her then >.< My parents, sadly, are the kind of people who are practically LOOKING for a reason to admit me to a hospital, so I don't think I'll be the one to tell them.

Old 28-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

perhaps you could keep a journal, and when you get the urge to harm note down what you were just doing/thinking, who you were with, how you were feeling (physically and emotionally), the time of day, what you were watching/reading, etc. right before you got the urge... after a week or so you may look back and start to see some patterns emerging out of what appeared to be random

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
AquariusTaurus413
Abbi

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassedExpectations View Post
perhaps you could keep a journal, and when you get the urge to harm note down what you were just doing/thinking, who you were with, how you were feeling (physically and emotionally), the time of day, what you were watching/reading, etc. right before you got the urge... after a week or so you may look back and start to see some patterns emerging out of what appeared to be random
That is absolutely brilliant! I already have a journal I write in daily (hell, it's what I used to tell my friends about my SH, I just was sort of like "read this"), so I could start writing stuff like that down. Thank you so much!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)