RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Lindsey

Contains sexual abuse - Ex counsellor

I was seeing a counsellor at the rape crisis centre. I had tried maybe 3 different counsellors and nothing worked out but this one took a chance on me and moved me up the waiting list because she felt that I needed help quickly.

It was meant to be a ten week thing but we ended up having appointments for almost exactly a year. She was amazing.

Before our last session I tried a different paid counsellor and it was a disaster and I told mine in our last session that if she ever went into private counselling then she needed to tell me about it (said with a jokey tone).

I asked if I could email her six months after our last appointment. It would allow me to create goals and work towards them. She said that was fine.

Six months later, I send her a detailed email and say things aren't brilliant and she replies to tell me its her last week at rape crisis and she has a new job. She offered to link me up with a colleague or hers but I said no thanks, I felt that it would be too hard after we had such a good working relationship.

Now maybe about a month later I was looking at the rape crisis website to see if she'd been taken off it. And I had googled her name and found that she is now working for another counselling service nearby. It's a paid service, but I can afford it.

Is it inappropriate of me to contact her and ask if I can see her again? Do you think that would freak her out? I mean, I did explicitly ask her to tell me if she was doing counselling work and she didnt

Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #2
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

I think it's fair enough to ask if you could see her at her new job as you've done a lot of work with her already and she has been the only consellor you've really gotten on with.
Even if, for whatever reason, she didn't think it was a good idea she certainly isn't going to mind you asking.

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)