RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #1
SilentBoy
Use proper english, like what i does.....innit

I am currently:
The sins of the father, and the mother.

Today there came in to my possession certain letters of interest. Letters written by my mother to my father pertaining to their failing matrimony. In addition, several pages written by my father to my mother in response, citing his ruminations on the matter, and with which were found photocopies of secret diaries written by my mother, regarding her romantic infatuation with another man.

Some months ago I happend upon a locked combination briefcase belonging to my father. It didn’t take long to unlock it. Two locks each with a three digit combination, totally one thousand possible variations. Checking one combination per second it took less than six minutes to unlock both sides. Inside I found letters, and cards, sent between my father and a friend. A female friend. Writings shared between them of a of a deeply sexual nature. Written and dated before mother and father finally divorced

It would appear that mother and father are Schrodingers Divorcees. In their own eyes each is not to blame while the other is wholly to blame, while simultaneously each being at least in part to blame.

I wonder what the ramifications would be if each parent were to obtain the secrets of the other? If all were to come to light, and the secrets were spilled, whom then would remain standing tall as the victor of the twelve years that have passed since the divorce?

It has been a long time since I last smoked. And longer yet since my last cut. And yet I long for both in this moment.

~ SilentBoy

Some people just need a high-five. To the face. With a chair.

SilentBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That's a lot for you to be carrying alone, and it shouldn't really be your responsibility but I understand that now that you have that knowledge there's no going back. Where did you get the letters from? Is there someone else in your family who knows about things that you could maybe confide in? I hope you can find a way to cope and feel better without turning to smoking or cutting, you deserve to continue with recovery.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #3
SilentBoy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_step_closer View Post
That's a lot for you to be carrying alone, and it shouldn't really be your responsibility but I understand that now that you have that knowledge there's no going back. Where did you get the letters from? Is there someone else in your family who knows about things that you could maybe confide in? I hope you can find a way to cope and feel better without turning to smoking or cutting, you deserve to continue with recovery.
I found them in my flat. I took over the lease from my dad and they were in an envelope of papers and other junk I found when sorting through his stuff.

I did manage to do something other than cutting but did have a few smokes

~ SilentBoy

Old 26-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

How are you feeling now?

Old 30-08-2019, 10:03 PM   #5
SilentBoy

I am currently:

Still pretty angry. But at the same time I kind of want to read the letters that I haven't yet read.

~ SilentBoy

Old 31-08-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I can understand that temptation. What do you think would happen if you read more of the letters?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)