RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #21
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

I think anything that supports awareness/charities for cancer is good.

Enthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #22
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...-24-hours.html

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #23
seloy3pe

Awareness of what exactly?

Right.

The prolific attempts of the medical establishment and its (misguided) followers to raise cancer "awareness" always fails to raise true cancer awareness among the public.

For decades, for instance, it has been known to science that medical x-rays are the prime cause of cancer, specifically breast cancer (source: The Mammogram Myth by Rolf Hefti). Yet, to avoid culpability the medical industry, along with their allies such as the pink ribbon groups and the mass media, have been merely talking about "risk factors" for breast cancer and ignored and dismissed the actual facts of the causes, claiming they are not yet known. Instead they tend to put the blame on the individual, or "genes"...

The cancer industry racket continues...

seloy3pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #24
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

So the no makeup selfie raised £2million for cancer research uk in the first 2 days alone.

I don't see why people are complaining about that? Surely 2 million pounds being raised is a good thing?

Yes not everyone who did the selfie donated which is a shame, but a great majority did (me included).

And I honestly dont understand how this has spiralled into a debate about whether women should wear makeup or not (ive seen these arguments on many different websites). Seriously, who cares if you wear makeup or not? Someone should write a flowchart- Do you want to wear makeup? Yes? Wear makeup. No? Don't wear makeup. Simple!

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
I just find it really lazy....all your doing is taking a picture of your face and then people post saying how wonderful it is. If it was just a trend thing I would get it,but passing it off like it does anything to do with cancer/raising awareness just seems like a ploy to make it look like you're not being super vain.
^ This. Good on people who have donated, but everyone on my feed hasn't. (Also not to mention I see a few of them are clearly still wearing makeup!!)

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #26
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Whilst I was originally sceptical, I was (pleasantly) surprised to see that it had raised a shit-ton of money and because of that, retract any cynicism I had!

I think cancer-awareness is a bit odd, because I don't know anyone who isn't already aware of cancer and thus making a public declaration of awareness feels like a lazy way of making yourself feel like you've done your good deed of the day without having to actually part with any of your money.

I still feel a bit of rage at people posting selfies without donating and thinking they're curing cancer, but it's clear that lots of people did also donate and overall it's clearly done a great deal for cancer research, so no complaints here.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #27
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot Oscar View Post
I'm not explaining this well... it's affected my self-esteem to be honest as I'm kind of thinking: 'Well I don't wear make up, I'm letting myself (and womanhood) down.' I think it's set a standard that I don't feel I meet.
au contraire my dear, you and I are just so attractive in the first place that we do not require make up!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #28
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

The thing I actually don't get the point of is these strange status games that go around and get touted as "raising cancer awareness."

For example I got a message today that said I had to pick a status from the list (things like "I'm gay!" or "How do you get rid of foot fungus?" or "I've been cheated on") and when people get fooled by it, you message them and tell them to play the game.

It has NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER in raising cancer awareness and all it does is confuse and potentially hurt people.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #29
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Never seen those. The selfie thing did good,, well those that donated on the off the face of the selfie; it wasnt meant to sound like that... Anyhow. I wont be doing a selfie, when I get round to it I will donate. Doing 13.5mile Midnight Walk and trying to get moneys off everyone else right now :P

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 02:28 AM   #30
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

No ones mentioned **** in a sock yet? I would throw in my 2 cents but I'm all ranted out.

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #31
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonTangWang View Post
No ones mentioned **** in a sock yet? I would throw in my 2 cents but I'm all ranted out.
I saw a guy wearing a sock on his bits in a photo on Facebook. It was traumatising since he had a terrible body with graffiti like tats all over. All I could think was "My Eyes - what has been seen cannot be unseen!"

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #32
staceyrawrcakes

I am currently:

I did the selfie, because my family tagged me in it and I felt like I would be disappointing them if I didn't do it but I didn't donate, only because I have literally no money until I get paid, I've said that I'll donate when I get paid though.
I hardly ever wear make up anyway so it wasn't even that big a deal for me to post a picture of myself with no make up on.

staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #33
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonTangWang View Post
None of the photos I have seen involve the sock being anywhere near the ****, mostly kept on feet.

I think my friends are broken.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)