RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-05-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
Margo

I am currently:
The trouble with meaning well *suicide*

I’ve been good the past 3 years. Happy for the first time in many. There’s a lot going on now. New job, getting married, huge living decision to be made also.

I haven’t been right since December. I know I’ve been low level depressed since then. However it’s the kind of depressed that you just get on with and accept because, after all, I’ve felt much Much worse.

Last few weeks have been bad. Really bad. No sh thoughts but strong suicidal thoughts. Stronger than most I’ve felt.
Only reason it’s stop is my partner and the dog. I just can’t do that to them.

She called the doc and made an appointment. I went and now I’m being referred to the mht again.

I’ve been free of mh services for just over 3 years now promising I’d never return.

Friend said today to just focus on all the positive in my life. Friends who don’t understand do that don’t they. Just look on the bright side. You’ve GOT TO focus on the good stuff. You know it’s just x or y.

Somehow it’s the things like that that hurt most. They hurt because they make you feel like you’re a failure for not seeing the light. For not seeing it’s just an email or just a conversation to have. There’s nothing to be frightened of and so on.

Docs again in 20 mins. So low. So full of anxiety and weird paranoid thoughts.

No where else to say this.

Failing hard. Yet again

~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #2
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

Matt, it's not failure when things happen that are beyond your control.

Maybe it's the pressure of all the great things that are happening. Maybe it's not. Finding out exactly why it happens isn't always helpful or the key to the solution though.

You need to talk about this. Not just the general feelings but all the really bad amd nasty and ugly stuff too. Sometimes talking about it can help lessen the grip it has on you. I for one, am glad you are getting referred to services again. They helped you before and maybe they can help you again. I hope so!!!!

You are trying. That is the most important thing.

Zurg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

*belated hugs*
I hope things have improved.
The system sucks pretty much the word over. I hope you landed a case worker who cares at least.
Take care
Annie

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:22 AM   #4
Margo

I am currently:

Kat and Annie

Thank you. I went to the mht with the knowledge I was not going back into the system again. CPN was nice. He understood. He was shocked and amazed I’d been so ill for so long. Said if not had the right treatment and intimated the treatment I’d had was helping prolong and enable the depression.
We both agreed I didn’t need to be put back into the system.

Ups and downs again. Never fully up and never fully down. Still I end up In my safe dark place over and over again. Still I daydream of it all blacking out and the torture ending.

The doc was lovely at the follow up. I tried hard to explain that what many would find disturbing I just find normal now. Like living with chronic pain or something, you just get used to normal pain. I think she understood.

The follow up letter from the mht spoke of how insightful I was. Said positive things about me. That was ok.

I’m at the stage now where I’ll just keep quiet. I guess I have to make do. Im not normal but I’m ok. I very rarely feel truly happy. It is seldom I am ever excited.

I’d love to feel like I’m worth something.

Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P

Old 02-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #5
Margo

I am currently:

Wow. Bang. Just like that. The thoughts. They aren’t scary. They make all the sense. I whispered them to the dog. Then laughed. Right now it’s all I want.

Animad is my Top Trump

Old 06-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

I think you’re worth the world my wonderful penguin x

I know its a wonderful world.

Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #7
Margo

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip View Post
I think you’re worth the world my wonderful penguin x

Animad is my Top Trump

Old 06-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #8
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

Matt, i can't say whether it will get better. I can't promise you that you will one day leave all the pain and hurt behind and never return to it. But the hope is there as long as you keep trying. As long as you keep going. Maybe it seems pointless but i hope you can find the strength inside to keep trying to make life better and more bearable for yourself. The way i see it, some people struggle through their entire lifetime but it's not the struggles and their hardship that define them but more their courage and strength because they kept trying. There is hope in just getting up to face another day.

Maybe you need something that is radically different that what the ordinary system of mental health can offer. Maybe you need to think about what makes life menaningful for you, what is important to you. It's so easy to think and feel we're not worth anything and then of course, our lives lose purpose and direction. But being lost doesn't make you a lost cause.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #9
Margo

I am currently:

Thank you Kat.

Saw the doc today for another checkup. Said I feel flat and at a constant low level but I also said I’m so used to it there is no point in worrying.

I just feel more lost every day these days. I’m not sure why I’m even here. I literally get no enjoyment from anything at the moment. I just plod on and on.

I know I need to change. I just wish I could remove these shackles that make everything seem such an effort right now

Animad is my Top Trump

Old 17-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #10
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Hey Matt, you are worth worrying about. Lots of stuff going on for you, be kind to yourself xxx

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #11
pugdog
Outsider

I am currently:

Matt,

I can totally relate to what you're feeling. You are able to write it down very well, im terrible at explaining how i feel to others. I hope everything goes well for you. Im not on here very often, its nice to recognize some familiar people on here.

Take care

-brian

'in the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can't see'

pugdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #12
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

When you say that you need to change, it makes me feel like you're actually saying that feeling like this is your own fault, that you’re somehow chosen it above feeling okay. That puts an awful lot of pressure and guilt on yourself which is undeserved. I don't think you would choose to feel like this.

I know kindness towards yourself and selfcare are very far from you right now so i'll just leave you with an excercise my psychologist asked me to do as often as i remember. The thing is to just ask yourself every now and then “what do i want right now and what do i need??” When we hate ourselves compulsively we learn to ignore our wants and needs. A small act of selfcare can be to ask yourself what you need right now. Checking in on your needs and acknowlegding their existence. You don't have to act on them but to get back to basics it can be a good excercise to do.

Sorry if my reply was useless. You matter to a lot of people, Matt. It’d be so tragic to lose you to an illness that really only wants to destroy you <3

Old 06-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #13
Margo

I am currently:

Hey Brian. Nice to see you too :)

Thanks Kat. I know what you mean and,yes, I do blame myself 100%. Spoke to my therapist last week who said I don’t ever aim my anger outwardly and always aim it inwardly. She was 100% correct. I get angry about things and just swallow it all in and turn it against myself. I’m always to blame regardless.

Having a terrible day today. One where even breathing is an effort. I managed to walk the dog and walk for 6 miles but it didn’t really help. Well I say it didn’t help but it didn’t make me feel any worse. All of me aches. I just feel like everything from years back is returning again. I have the doctors next week again for a checkup. I don’t want to tell her how bad things are because I was told that the next step will be a meds’ review. I can’t change now as there’s so much going on over the next 7 weeks.

I just wish I could wake up as a totally different person. I loath myself. I really do. Stupid f**king head.

Animad is my Top Trump

Old 18-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #14
Margo

I am currently:

Doc doubled my quetiapine dose. Added beta blockers too. Now I’m pillar boxed into some weird dullness. Still struggling and feel a failure for having to go through all this again. Putting this here as I’ve no where else to say it.

Animad is my Top Trump

Old 24-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
pugdog
Outsider

I am currently:

*hugs* i know how much of a pain it is for meds to become ineffective, and going through the process of finding another combo to marginally help. It's not your fault they lose effect. I hope things get better for you soon. Again, i can relate to how you feel, you are not alone.

-brian

'in the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can't see'

pugdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:30 AM   #16
Margo

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog View Post
*hugs* i know how much of a pain it is for meds to become ineffective, and going through the process of finding another combo to marginally help. It's not your fault they lose effect. I hope things get better for you soon. Again, i can relate to how you feel, you are not alone.

-brian
Thanks Brian. I hope you’re ok! I’m sorry you’re still having struggles too. You kinda hope all the old timers are all doing well.

Kat if you see this get in touch. I’d like to know how you’re doing.

I’m failing. I’m stuck in an endless loop. I can’t seem to get out of it either. My brain just doesn’t work properly.

I keep thinking more and more about making marks. I’ve not done it for years now.

Are miracles possible?

Animad is my Top Trump

Old 01-03-2020, 01:02 AM   #17
Margo

I am currently:

Going through it again. **** my stupid head! Tried to open up to some people but although I help them with all their stuff they don’t really want to listen. I guess when you’re seen as the "helper" it freaks people out to find that your struggling yourself. Not surprising really but it still hurts. Finding myself closing down. What’s the point in telling people when, I dunno, no one can help anyway.

Things are pretty bad in my head. I go to bed every night and pray I don’t wake up or pray I wake as someone totally different.

People say nice things but if you don’t believe them yourself then they mean very little. I don’t mean that to sound ungrateful just truthful.

Considering referring myself again. Terrified of going through it all again. Brain flu. Lonely. So ****ing lonely.

Animad is my Top Trump

Old 01-03-2020, 02:52 AM   #18
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

I think getting some support is a good idea.

It is really frustrating to get better just to get worse again, I can relate to that.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #19
~JellyBaby~

I am currently:

Hi Matt,

You may or may not remember me - I'm Amy, I was around a *long* time ago (previously ToLiveIsToLoveThePain).

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling again. You're right - it is particularly hard if you're known as 'the helper' particularly because people don't always support you in the way you have supported them and certainly for me this leads to lots of self-critical thought and questions about myself. But its important to see that for what it is - their stuff. Like you said, whether the role change just freaks them out, or whether they feel really unsure what to say or whatever the reason, it doesn't mean anything about you, or even about how much they care.

What it does do though is leave you unsupported. Which is ****. And does hurt. But try not to close down, there are people who want to help, who have shared experience of mental health problems, who have some idea of how desperately awful you feel.

Of course its difficult to believe the good stuff people say right now; for me when I get low something like the opposite of rose tinted glasses sets up camp in my brain - like a grey filter - everything is negative, no one means the good stuff, or they're really saying something else, or I'm a dreadfully **** person but they're just being polite people trying to spare my feelings.

It is no wonder you feel stuck and have thoughts of escape, but try to stick in there long enough to get some help. I think making yourself a referral and getting some support is a great idea - though I know you won't be able to hear this right now - you deserve for things to be better than this, no one deserves misery.

When do you think you can get to some support? How can you get there? Do you need to take a supportive person with you? Focus on the practicalities, make it as easy on yourself as you can, one baby step at a time, towards feeling different than this.

Keeping you in my thoughts - keep us posted x

~JellyBaby~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #20
Margo

I am currently:

Thank you Unbreakable and thank you Amy. I kinda remember the name but there were so many Amys and Aimees that I don’t really remember. Terrible because I think I’ve forgotten so many people from here.

I can relate to all you say Amy because I feel the same. Now with corona we all have a new worry and focus. I’m a bit numb about the whole things right now I think. OH wants me to try ACT Therapy. She’s spoke to colleagues and one is a clinical psych and he thinks it may be right for me. I need to get the guts to refer even though I know with all that’s going on right now I probably won’t be seen till quite some time.

I just feel useless most of the time. Like I’m a leach and a malingerer. I feel I have nothing to give anyone. I know inside that if I can start giving to myself things will change. whe the voice I your head constantly tricks you and tells you how useless you are it’s really hard to hear the words of others. It makes me feel like people just want to placate. Even though I seldom ever tell anyone how I feel it makes me feel like all I do is moan to the world.

Thank you for listening xx

Animad is my Top Trump

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)