RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
lostdoll

The "what's going on with us" thread. *possible trigs*

What this thread is for:
Feel free to talk/rant/vent about what you're up to, how you're feeling, and how your eating pattern is each day.

The advantages:
It's a great way to talk about what's going on in your life without making a whole new thread if you don't feel it's necessary. It's also an excellent way to offer fellow RYLers a bit of support and encouragement in their recovery.

Please keep in mind the terms and conditions of RYL.

lostdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 05-04-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Hello!
Just thought i'd reply to say what a great thread i think this could be. (and i'm spamming a little at the moment!)
Tabby

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

inkyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
nowhereman

I am currently:

Well my eating is getting a bit better, I was only eating once a day, but I've started eating 2 or 3 times but I'll eat something healthy, like an apple, yoghurt or soup. PLus I need to eat more anyway for when I have dance class, cos last week I was nearly too weak from not eating to dance.

Apart from all that, my mood has been very good, obviously except for when it comes to eating, but I do feel better for eating a bit more, even though I may panic about it, I know what I'm eating is healthy so it's not too worrying.

Hope everyone else is doing well and sorry for rambling. This is a good thread.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
lostdoll

*waves at Tabby and nikaroo*

Great to see some improvement Nikaroo. Maybe something with carbs or protein in it would provide some energy for your dance classes? I mind being taught something about slow releasing energy and fast releasing when it comes to carbs... I think bread and stuff releases energy slowly, but things like chocolate releases energy quickly. Which is why footballers eat oranges and jaffa cakes and stuff :)

Haha, it's amazing the ***** I remember from H.E GCSE, honestly.

I don't have an ED but I'm trying to eat healthier at the moment. Browsing through BBC websites for interesting recipes. That's probably what I'll be up to today. Haha, really need to get a life :P

Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

That sounds good, Eimear! Healthy recipes are always yummy - and it's nice to cook for yourself, as well. I don't see why this board should be exclusive to people with eating disorders, either. You're an extremly smart cookie, plus very cool - post away! You did start this thread, after all :)

I'm seeing an ED nurse at the moment, a CPN. He wants me to eat healthier, gain weight, and stop doing silly things with pills. This scares me, rather. I think the thing that scares me the most is the meal plan he put me on. It's not extortionate, but it's just so... Ordered?

Mmhm. Thank you for this thread, Eimear. I wanted to write that somewhere, but didn't want to create a whole new thread for myself.
xox

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Trying to get my weight down seeing as my BMI is in the "overweight" bit. Trying to eat healthier. Trying to ignore the nagging voice telling me to stop eating altogether.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

Aw, good idea for a thread, E!!

I'm eating *lots* - which is horrible, and I can see myself getting fatter, and it's making me quite suicidal. Holding out for hockey tour this weekend and then South Africa though, and hoping that the exercise will help sort things out.

change
everything you are
and everything you were

ickle-duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

I'm sure the exersize will be good.

Well, i have been binging for the past couple of weeks and don't seem to be stopping. I think i will start to try to eat *sensibly* on monday. Then all the evils of easter and chocolate will be gone!

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #9
nowhereman

I am currently:

Not doing so good today. Didn't get any sleep at all last night and now I'm panicking over food. I'm sooo hungry but I can't eat, I just can't do it, I'm soooo fat and I hate it and I just want to be thin but I never will be cos I'm a fat greedy pig. And I have to eat chocolate all weekend and I'll love it at the time but afterwards I'm just gonna feel so guilty and horrible. And then I'm going on holidays and I don't know how I'm gonna fool my mam into thinking I eat more than once a day. Oh noooooo I feel terrible. But I'm going to Disney on Ice later so that should cheer me up. Sorry for being negative.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #10
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I am feeling fat but I need to do this healthily

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #11
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Definatly Camilla, that's such a brilliant attitude to take.
*squishes*

Old 08-04-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Yeah, that's a good attitude Camilla, i think i am going to try and follow it, i have decided i shouldn't do anything eating wise that i would tell someone else was unhealthy.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #13
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

I have no food in my house bar chocolate :/

And a combination of tiredness, sunburn and dehydration means I'm sat here shaking and shivering and blah.

change
everything you are
and everything you were

Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #14
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Em -Drink some water!

I feel very sick. A piece of pizza is all i've eaten and i feel really ill now.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #15
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

Honey, have some fruit or something? It'll be really good for you - pizza is nice but it hasn't got the nutrients of fruit and veg.

change
everything you are
and everything you were

Old 10-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #16
-Tough-Cookie-
Life is a contradiction at times - as am I

I am currently:

I'm recovering right? well i'm eating at 3 times in the day. 8:30am 12:30 and 5:30pm...
bu the thing is i'm not actualy giving into my hunger....
What i mean is i had my evening meal and i'm still hungry but i still wont be able to eat until my next meal (breakfast) hmm

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
----
----

-Tough-Cookie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:28 PM   #17
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

At least you're eating Kel, that's good.

I spent the day not eating and now i'm binging. This is a **** routine but how can i get out of it?!

Old 12-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #18
lostdoll

*hugs and stars for all*

My dad always said that eating something is better than nothing.

inkyspider, maybe you could speak to a family member, and define your meals through the day? I don't know if that would be extremely difficult for you or not, but maybe making a point of sitting down and eating breakfast with the family, then lunch and dinner if you can - would be a start. Even small meals if that would make things easier. You'll get through it though.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #19
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Kel, honey, why can't you listen to your body? Or why not try to put something into your meal plan? When I was IP, we ate six times a day - breakfast, lunch, dinner & three snacks. You could try gently putting them into your diet, so that they're there, and you can try to listen to your body. Well done for doing as well as you are, and for keeping trying - you're doing brillaintly :)

inkyspider, I agree with lostdoll - could you try sorting out some sort of mealplan for you?
xox

Old 18-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #20
lostdoll

*cough* bumpety bump

How's everyone doing? What are ye all up to?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)