RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
i noticed today.sorry for posting

Sorry sorry sorry for keep posting here. Im so annoying, i know it, but i need your help and advice once again. If im bothering you please tell me.

Well as shellz1986 had made a post here about her obssession with her GP, and if anyone with BPD has obssessions like this, i had replied that for a period of time i was kinda obssessed with my mom, i mean i was sure she would die and that it would be the last time i ever saw her and that she would leave me. Well i noticed today that im obssessed, like shellz1986, with other 2 people. i started being obssessed with them when they showed me that they care about me so much. They aren't close people to me, the one is a teacher and the other is a lady at a store. They both showed me they care about me and i like them really much. I used to like the teacher and before, but when she was mad at me i hated her and now that she cares about me,i love her. I don't know why it happens. It only happens with women, why is that? does it mean im a lesbian??

omg, whats wrong with me??i haven't been diagnosed with bpd.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Queer Fringe
Why is the rum always gone?

I am currently:

Oh, I'm exactly the same hun, I haven't been diagnosed with anything though...sorry no help I know...

The following content has been hidden - Reason : My Family :-)
Big Sisters: dereksarah I-Feel-Infinite *..life in pain..* Lil' Sister: DreamCatchMe-- Sisters: Sam7413, alyssa.star, inndigo Daddy: Strat Cousin: RandomIdiot Mummy:rainey Girlfriend + Star: Rawrk Niece: Fading Heart GodMother:life'scrap older brother: streetspirit my pet cat: beautiful&dying

<3JohnnyDepp<3
The history of the world, my love --
Is those below serving those up above!
How gratifying for once to know
That those above will serve those down below!

Queer Fringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

its ok hun. just knowing that im not alone in this, is help!

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 21-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
nikki1922

I am currently:

I have just read over this, and i neer knew that something liek this excided (sp)! I always thought it was just me..When someone goes away orlike I don't talk to them anymore I always morun them like they are dead but they really aren't. Like I am obseed with seeing my consllour and dcotor like when I see them it I sometimes make up things just to see them again. Maybe I want attentiopn I don't know and it drives me nuts. Sorry its hard to explain

Don't Chase your Dreams...

CATCH THEM

nikki1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
deadstar

I am currently:

I get so many obsessions- some pass within days some go on for ages.
If your worried, perhaps you should talk to your psych or GP or the likes?
xxx

deadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #6
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

There are other disorders that have this symptom, not just BPD. The only other one i can think of, off the the top of my head is Dependent PD.

It would be better going to the doc to talk about this.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
Stellata

Mari is right.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #8
shellz1986

I am currently:

As you already know hun, im right there with you. Not sure how to help though apart from to tell you that you are not alone. xxxx

"What would you do if you knew,
I hate myself for breathing without you!"

shellz1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

thanks!! i will try talking to my doctor about it. i told my therapist, but she didn't say anything.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 26-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #10
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i saw the teacher im obsessed with today. she almost hugged me. i started thinking about her again now. everytime i see her, it happens. its like im in love with her. i feel like a lesbian, only that i don't see her sexually, i can't really explain it. its so annoying. i can't stop thinking about her now.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 26-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
that_nobody
Have a little faith and you'll see

I am currently:

I think it happens to everyone.
I was obsessed with a girl.
she ended up being my girlfriend
but the weird thing was i was obsessed with her way before she knew me.
I would wait all day to talk to her online and she didnt even know my name.
i think everyone has someone like this. someone they love as a friend or more.

x If there was a hole deep enough I would climb in. If there were drugs that could obliterate all, I would take them until all was obliterated. I I am broken into a million little pieces. x

that_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #12
musik-addikt
you love me but you don't know who i am

I am currently:

wow, I thought I was the only person who thoguht like this, but now I know that I'm not. THANKS!

I'm obesessed with people leaving, if I'm going home or going anywhere really, I have to make sure that I thank people and say goodbye to them just incase I don't ever see them again. the likelihood of that actually happening is very minimal but I still have to do it. if I do leave without saying goodbye, I stress about it and will often go back or contact them again just to say goodbye.

" I wake up feeling convicted, / I know something's not right / Re-acquaint my knees with the carpet //
They've been swimming in the wrong waters / Now they're pulling me down / But I am clinging to you, never letting go / 'Cause I know that you'll lift me out //
Have your way here / Keep me afloat / 'Cause I know I'll sink without you / Take this ocean of pain that is mine / Throw me a lifeline " - Lifeline, Brooke Fraser

musik-addikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 06:38 AM   #13
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

It can happen with 2 people at the same time.like now.one is my teacher and the other is a woman at a store.i wanted to see her and i went there but she hadnt come and i was upset.it happens when they care about me,i mean if they hug me or sit with me it trigers me to be obsessed with them.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 29-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #14
Squiffie_1
Totoro!

I am currently:

I had this kind of thing with one of my teachers - i dont quite know why though!
Maybe its because when people have been mistreated and havnt had any mother/father figures, or somehow they feel alone, they feel the need to attach themselves to someone they feel are reliable.
Haha i dont even know what im talking about but i do know how you feel! You should go to your doctor and talk about this. :)
Hope you feel alot better very soon!
xxx

Squiffie_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #15
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

thanks. i will see my doctor on monday and explain everything.thanks.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 29-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #16
~invisible~girl~

omg, I just saw this thread, and I always thought I was alone and just crazy or something, but I feel exactly the same way sometimes. I've thought about why it is quite a bit. It's not sexual really, so I don't think it has anything to do with your sexual orientation - I think it's kind of analogous to having a crush on someone except for a parent figure instead of a sexual partner if that makes sense. At least for me, it's always people a lot older than me, like teachers or whatever, who I think I can see as taking care of me. I remember it even from when I was like 13 or so. And I think it's cause like, I'm not sure if I can explain it, but even though my mom was there for me as a kid, I always kind of distance myself from her, and like refused to be touched or stuff, so I never let her hug me or anything, so then I think it's kind of that I still want the stuff I missed out on from that, with being cared for, and, well, hugged and stuff.

But then at least for me, I never talk to people, so there's never been any chance that I'd ever actually get any of the stuff I was hoping for. And whenever I have the opportunity to get even a little bit close to someone, I kind of avoid it and just run away, so I guess I'm kind of dooming myself to the same cycle forever.

But yeah, the point was meant to be that I can totally related to what you're saying...

Emily

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

~invisible~girl~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #17
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

it happens with people that are older than me too. Maybe you are right. I never let my mom hug me, but i don't care about other people doing so.

have you told anyone about this?

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 29-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #18
~invisible~girl~

I haven't told anyone about it. I can't imagine ever telling anyone.

I'm okay with people besides my mom hugging me too... I find this is really interesting, cause I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the DSM that even comes close (dependent pd maybe a little in the etiology, and borderline has the attachment thing, but it's more about emotional regulation really) - I think we're coming up with a new disorder here

idk, it seems like some aspects of psychoanalysis could really fit here though...

Emily

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Old 29-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #19
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

maybe its personality disorder NOS?

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 30-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #20
~invisible~girl~

NOS just means they haven't done enough research yet to be any more specific.

Emily

(\__/)
(O.o )

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)