RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
A question about antidepressants.

My mom talked to a psychiatrist on the phone(we are looking for psychiatrists and my mom calls some she knows) and he said that they don't give antidepressants to teens, only to adults.

is he wrong??i mean does this happen only in Greece or everywhere??im really confused.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

I think they try harder to not give antidepressants to teens due to the fact that it can increase the negative emotions, cause suicidal feelings to occur, and basically other negative reactions that are pretty extreme.

But, if it is a Greece thing, then maybe it's something you'd want to look up that is country specific.

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

I don't know if its only in Greece.I have no idea!!thats why i wanted your opinion.but do they give in America?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Fluoxetine is the only one "recommened" for under 18's but my doctor doesnt like to give them out to under twenty's as he thinks talking therapies work more, and ironically anti-d's can increase the risk of suicidde
x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
I got stripes

I am currently:

Antidepressants have been given a black box warning in the United States, and only, as strawberry-gashes mentioned, fluoxetine is recommended for under 18s due to the increased risk of suicide associated with taking anti-depressants.

Personally I'm 19, been on a number of anti-depressants and it's generally when I start a new one that I get closest to killing myself. Fluoxetine being the worst for this, it was hell.

I got stripes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)