RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
Bipolar

Sorry for keep posting but im very confused.when smone has bipolar,the mood changes happen when sth triggers it or just happen?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 25-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Stellata

As I understand it, medically speaking, in Bipolar the mood changes are according to fluctuations in brain chemistry, and its their seeming randomness that is part of the distress of the illness.
However sometimes it may be that mania and depression and more defences and it's more structured - but no less predictable, because the process is happening unconsciously.

This is different to the mood shifts in PTSD and Borderline PD, for example, when flashback/memory triggers or perceived abandonments might trigger a sudden change in mood.

Are you worried about yourself?

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

Yeah im a bit worried.i dont know if i have bipolar.for the last month i had been feeling really down,yesterday i was numb and today im a bit i dont know.i laugh a lot then i feel a bit down then i laugh again.i dont know its really confusing.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 25-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

bipolar is mroe than mood swings. its mood swings that affect your life a hell of a lot..

when im down, i can bearely function, i do no college work aand most of my time is spent planning on killing myself..

when im up, i think im god gift and the messiah to the world. i feel like i have special powers. everything is a sign for me, only. thoughts are too fast and i talk more. i think i can do everything.

so yeah lol. but sometimes there are triggers but more often, there is an absence of triggers xxx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

you mean that one minute you feel up and the next down without anything happening in-between?

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 25-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #6
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

nah lol personally although i cant speak for everyone my depressions last for 2-3 month and my hypomanic/manic whatever you wanna call it last about a month!

i cant diagnose you hun, but if its a concern speak to someone :)
xx

Old 25-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

oh yeah, i have a few weeks of normality
x

Old 25-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

when you are at your depressed state do you feel depressed all the time?and the month that you are manic do you have the same emotions all the time?

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 25-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

aye personally yeh. id wait for my replies though, cos im just one person and it might be diff for other people :)
x

Old 25-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #10
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

ok thanks.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 26-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
romancandle
And all you want is sleep/But all you get it pills

I am currently:

I wanted to add that sometimes manias/depressive states/mixed states can be triggered by extreme stress. I know my fiance and I experience this. But most of the time, the states can just come out of the blue. You do have normal moments in between though, at least I do. Although I have often had long strings of manias and depressive states with seemingly no end in sight. My meds help though.

romancandle is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)