RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #1
Ash*

I am currently:
Wedding dress stress *trig*

Long time no post.

in the last 18 months I've lost a lot of weight, in a healthy, steady way. So big thumbs up.

I've really struggled with my body image lately, my body shape is different, clothes fit me differently, things that never used to be an issue are now an issue. Belly rolls, wobbly bits, lumps and bumps. Anyway.

I bought my wedding dress about 4 months ago, in the biggest sie they did - which is the clothes size I am currently. YAY! But no. I tried it on again for the first time in about 3 months and it is miles away from fitting. It's easily 2/3 dresses too small. It appears that wedding dress sizes and clothes sizes are not at all comparable.

I got so upset last night, so so upset. I feel like the last 18 months has been an absolute waste of time and I might have well stayed disgustingly overweight because losing all that weight hasn't made a bit of difference. Losing weight in a healthy way hasn't made the blindest bit of difference and now it's like a switch has flipped in my brain.

I need to lose weight fast. Really fast. And lots of it.
I have been looking for websites, "how to lose weight quickly", instagram accounts, everything. My head is screaming at me.

"Stupid fat bitch, always fat"
"Everyone said you wouldn't do it, see. Told you so"
"Fatfatfatfaaaaaatdisgustingthing"

I have to lose this weight, and I've tried really hard to lose it sensibility, but what's the ****ing point.

I want to grab bits of myself and cut them off. Cut myself open and scoop out the fat and sew myself back up. The mess won't matter because at least I won't be fat.

I am so stressed out. I don't know why I thought getting a dress too small would be a good idea.

Always ****ing stupid.

"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Hugs Given By :
Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
Entropy

I am currently:

You have done a really fabulous job with losing weight sensibly over the last 18 months - well done! I don't think it was a waste of time at all, can you think of any reasons why it was a positive thing and you should be proud?

You are correct that sometimes sizes are very wonky, and just because something is labelled with a particular size doesn't mean that it will fit which is very annoying, but not your fault.

Practically, with the dress, is it possible to get someone you trust to look at it to see how far away it really is from fitting? It might be that you don't have as far to go as you think. There are also lots of options with regards to alterations - can you look into finding someone who alters wedding dresses to see what they think? If you really don't think you will fit into the dress in time then maybe you could sell it and find another one?

Any of those options are much better than trying to lose weight really fast and unhealthily, you want to be well and healthy on your wedding day.

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)