RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-12-2023, 11:12 AM   #1
Stethometer

Lithium level and depression

my psychiatrist prescribed medicine to lift my lithium levels that should be between 0,6 and 1.2

After one week 0,5
After two weeks 0,6 but still no mood improvement

How long it takes after being tested 0,6 to feel better

Please help

Steve

Stethometer is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 26-12-2023, 11:54 AM   #2
Ahimsa

I am currently:

Hi Steve,

Welcome to RYL!

I think this is more a question for your psychiatrist, everyone is different and an online forum where no one knows your specific situation, medical history, etc isn't going to be the best place to get advice on this I'm afraid.

There's usually someone on here if you want to chat about how you're feeling but we can't really give medical advice.

if you think you know me in real life, no you don't.

Ahimsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2023, 03:02 PM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Giving medical advice is against the rules. If you're wanting advice over the holidays and your psychiatrist isn't around contact your gp or phone 111 if you're in the UK. A pharmacist could also help or if not, they can redirect you to more appropriate people.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 26-12-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2023, 02:35 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I actually disagree with the above a little bit - we cannot give medical advice but can share our own experiences with a medication though of course with the caveat that everyone responds differently to medication. Personally I haven't been on lithium so cannot offer any experiences but wanted to post to make sure people felt OK to share relevant experiences.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2023, 05:29 PM   #5
Auror.
Camden

most psych meds in general take 4-6 weeks to get up to a therapeutic level/dose. dunno if it's the same with lithium, but it could be worth asking whomever is prescribing it to you. but in general, meds are not going to be instantaneous and do take some time to build up in your system to start to work. hopefully in a few more weeks you'll start to notice some effect? or it may be you need a different dose or other things to help. so yes def worth talking to whomever is prescribing it for you, but it's never unfortunately a set specific thing that works for everyone. that's why there's different meds and a range of safe doses.

also don't have personal experience with lithium but in most cases when we've been on meds it took closer to weeks to a month for us to notice any difference.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2024, 07:16 PM   #6
Arienette

I am currently:

My mate gets really depressed when their lithium levels get out of whack. They get really really unwell quickly.

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)