RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #1
Simba

I am currently:
I fail at life

Hi

I fail at life. I had an incident involving my pt which resulted in the police coming over and saying to me that my pt doesn't want any contact with me anymore giving me a warning. Will the verbal warning appear on my DBS ?

I have DID Disassociative identity disorder. During a episode my of when my alter is in charge i end up making multiple insta accounts. Pt says I harass him and have followed his family on insta . Following his family must have been during episodes of Disassociative identity disorder. During an episode I can't remember my own true identity. Also I'm autistic so I send multiple messages if they haven't replied.

I feel like that I fail in life and am worthless. Without my pt i'll end up putting on more weight and will look like an elephant. Is there any point in living anymore. If I change my whole life around become a better person do you think in about 10 years time my pt will forgive me and me another chance

Any advice and hugs will be much appreciated.

Last edited by Simba : 14-06-2020 at 08:04 AM.

"If you can't convince them, confuse them"

If you ever want to talk, feel free to send me a PM.

Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 07:12 PM   #2
Soft Kitty

Hi, I'm sorry you're having this experience. I'm not too sure what a PT is - is it a personal trainer/physiotherapist? I imagine that they will one day forgive you but it's important that you take this time to get therapy to help you with your DID.

Therapy can help you increase awareness of what your alters are trying to communicate and how to be 'co-conscious' with them so that you will work together effectively. This will make your life very much easier.

Would seeking out a good therapist be possible for you?

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
Simba

I am currently:

Hi

Pt is a personal trainer.

Yes seeking a therapist would be good. What type of therapy works well. Ive been referred to cmht for psychology.

Old 15-06-2020, 08:32 AM   #4
Soft Kitty

Oh that's great that you've been referred to psychology. Really the most important thing is that your therapist is open to working with you and your system, and willing to learn along the way. Normally, treatment for DID follows a similar route to therapy for CPTSD. Starting with stabilisation, moving on to processing trauma, and ending with integration - though these steps aren't always linear.

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #5
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:

1. He might take you on it depends on him. Give him a chance for some space. Let the situation go to rest. Focus on mental health first.

2. For the dbs the best thing to do is to ask the police whether it will show

How do you feel about the psychology sessions

Last edited by Icecube. Swirls : 15-06-2020 at 09:15 AM.

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.”

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

It shouldn’t show on your DBS, a warning is not a conviction. I have a few warnings on my DBS for reasons that I won’t go into, but it hasn’t ever stopped me from applying for jobs.

*Disclaimer: there is a different system in place for DBS stuff here in Scotland, its not even called a DBS so there might be different rules and things (although I don’t see why there should be).

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #7
Simba

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Witch View Post
It shouldn’t show on your DBS, a warning is not a conviction. I have a few warnings on my DBS for reasons that I won’t go into, but it hasn’t ever stopped me from applying for jobs.

*Disclaimer: there is a different system in place for DBS stuff here in Scotland, its not even called a DBS so there might be different rules and things (although I don’t see why there should be).
Thank you . So when I apply for it do I say yes or no for the part it says conviction

Old 15-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I would ask your employer as they have to counter sign your application.

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)