Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:
Zimbabwe accuses Britain of cholera 'genocide'

Zimbabwe accuses Britain of cholera 'genocide'

Yesterday, 08:59 pm
<CITE class=auth></CITE>Zimbabwe's information minister on Friday accused former colonial ruler Britain of starting the country's cholera epidemic in a bid to commit a "genocide of our people". Skip related content
Related photos / videos

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/afp/200812...931A--#310,231 Enlarge photo

"Cholera is a calculated, racist attack on Zimbabwe by the unrepentant former colonial power, which has enlisted support from its American and Western allies so that they can invade the country," Sikhanyiso Ndlovu told a press conference.
"The cholera epidemic in Zimbabwe is a serious biological, chemical war force, a genocidal onslaught, on the people of Zimbabwe by the British," he said. "It's a genocide of our people."
"Gordon Brown must be taken to the United Nations Security Council for being a threat to world peace and planting cholera and anthrax to invade Zimbabwe -- our peaceful Zimbabwe," he said of the British prime minister.
Ndlovu spoke one day after President Robert Mugabe claimed the cholera outbreak was over, sparking an international outcry as aid groups warned the epidemic could last for months.
Presidential spokesman George Charamba said in state media Friday that Mugabe had been speaking with "sarcasm," adding that Zimbabwe still wanted international assistance to fight the disease.
Zimbabwe's crumbling infrastructure has helped spread the disease across the country, as broken water and sewage pipes have left many neighbourhoods without clean drinking water or adequate sanitation.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
The One Who

I am currently:

The UK can't afford to go invading Zimbabwe. Not when our economy is in tatters and the military are already stretched beyond their means. Obviously something has to be done in Zimbabwe, but invading is probably not the answer.

And saying the Gordon Brown started the cholera outbreak is ludicrous. Mugabe will say and do anything to remain in power.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Its propaganda, so if we did invade (which i think, as you quite rightly said, is very vyer unlikly given our current situation) he coudl say that he'd told peopel all along this was going to happen, and therefore the people in his country would be more likely to resist a forign invasion.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Wtf???? And what precisely would be the benefit to Britian by doing that? Propaganda mch.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
Ratatouille strychnine
The sweetest cherry in an apple pie.

I am currently:

It's nothing new. Mugabe has always maintained that the west and in particular Britain are trying to sabotage Zimbabwe. When all about him the country is in tatters, he just blames Britain for the mess.

Ratatouille strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
Spoons

I am currently:

its ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
Aidee

I am currently:

This is simply insane. Cholera has been around for thousands of years and is the result of people drinking contaminated water. It's possible that back when the British were exploring they were the ones that introduced Cholera into Africa, however, calling it a calculated biological warfare attack is simply bollocks.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #8
Voldemort

It's true.

I started it.

Man. I was hoping it wouldn't be picked up on. =[

.............What....bullshit, really. But hey ho, outrageous claims are what makes the world go round.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 05:07 AM   #9
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

Peaceful? Since when? He is possibly one of the most horrendous leaders... and daily there are calls for him to stand down but he never will because he's a power hungry fear monger... asswipe.

and as if the british would start a cholera outbreak.... zimbabwe did it all by itself... my heart breaks for those poor people

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #10
warrenpenalver

I am currently:

magabe needs to put down the crack pipe!!!

warrenpenalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by <alive> View Post
Peaceful? Since when? He is possibly one of the most horrendous leaders... and daily there are calls for him to stand down but he never will because he's a power hungry fear monger... asswipe.

and as if the british would start a cholera outbreak.... zimbabwe did it all by itself... my heart breaks for those poor people
It never used to be bad. When he first came to power Zimbabwe were one of the richest countries in Africa (not really saying much though...) and were were prosperous. The people there had a really good standard of living and such like. Then Mugabe turned crazy and started ruining the country.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

It's so sad really. becasue while these horrendous power (pain) mongers are in power, the people suffer. Gah.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)