RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #1
Irisflower

I am currently:
Anyone with ECT experience?

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has experience with maintenance ECT. I am having quite a bad relapse after some recent stress, and I have my one monthly maintenance ECT this Friday but I am wondering if it will be enough to deal with the suicidal and self harm thoughts that are really bugging me right now. I have kids and a job to take care of, I just can't get sick right now. But the problem is I am and I need to figure out how best to deal with it. My regular psych is on vacation and if I call the ECT psych her recommendations will probably interfere with work (I have to take a full day off for ECT, it's a new job, I have already got them to agree to Friday, rescheduling for earlier would be really hard.) Any help or advice? Thanks guys.

Irisflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

ECT is not something I have experienced so I don't know the ins and outs, hopefully someone more knowledgeable comes along.

I wanted to say we are here if you need to talk about this relapse or possibly have suggestions for coping with it around work and the such. I hope you get some answers and some respite from your relapse.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:08 PM   #3
Irisflower

I am currently:

Thanks, Tiptoes.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I have never had ECT but wanted to offer you my support. Have you had a maintenance treatment before? How does ECT work for you generally? Do you take any medication also? Could you speak to the ECT psych or someone from the team where your own psych is based and explain to them how you're feeling and also your commitments? Friday isn't too far away, try doing lots of self care and being gentle with yourself and hopefully your treatment on Friday will be beneficial.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:18 PM   #5
Irisflower

I am currently:

Thanks for offering support. I was really stressed at the beginning of today because work and kids seem so overwhelming when I get depression. I had a pretty good day at work though so that helps. Hopefully the next two days will be like this and then it will be Friday. I have had maintenance for about two years now but the last time I had a relapse the ECT staff did a number of booster sessions which got rid of the relapse. I am worried that I will still feel lousy after Friday and make a mistake and do SH...it just seems so vividly like the way out of this immediately, even though I know it's not.
ECT is the only thing that really works for me, although I take several meds because my psych says I will be less likely to relapse if I do.
Thanks again for the support, it helps.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:23 AM   #6
leemc

I am currently:

I've had ECT/maintenance ECT. If you have anything you'd like to talk about, feel free to message me.

leemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #7
Irisflower

I am currently:

Thanks, Leemc. I will message you.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)