RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
Arienette

I am currently:
Dreams disrupting mood: how to decrease dream time

I am waking up depressed each morning at the moment. I literally can't do anything until 2/3pm.

I've done some reading and there's is some mention that dreaming a lot can dampen sleep quality and be exhausting. And the morning depression is due to off circadium rhythms. (Sp?)

I do dream a lot. I dream a lot and they are mostly stressful and very vivid. I wondered if there is anything I can do or take that will suppress this part of sleep cycle maybe?

I am being quite strict with my bed time. I aim to go to bed between 10-11pm. I know when this gets disrupted I'm just asking for a mood imbalance. So this is something I'm really trying to stick with with some success. More than before.

It's becoming habit.

The mornings are so low though. I just can't move. I eat breakfast in the hopenof getting energy and I just can't stay out of bed. I try forcing myself but I just end up slumped somewhere else in my room or the building feeling rubbish and exhausted and irritable.

And all my life plans and the future feels overwhelming. Then mid afternoon turns up and within an hour I go from being exhausted and lethargic and sad yet unable to cry to feeling ok and some motivation literally comes from no where, so I grab it with both hands and start doing stuff.

At the moment it's ok. I don't have anywhere to be but I would like to nip it in the bud before it gains any potential to become a full depressive episode.

I'm on 300 quetiapine xl. Which has calmed me slightly since my increase. I'm les susceptible to be over excited at the moment which is helpful.

I don't think it's the medication because I take it at 5pm each day and have for months and this has come ot of nowhere since after taking it for 2 weeks or so. It was only slightly more sedating for the first 2-3 days then I was fine.

I could try taking it earlier I suppose. I'm not sure.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas please?

I would really appreciate some ideas

Thanks x

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 15-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Unfortunately, it's pretty common for depression to be in it's worst in the morning. And to find a way to deal with it, you should probably talk to your psychiatrist and ask what options you have to deal with depressed mood. He might suggest something. While poor sleep and intense unpleasant dreaming might contribute to the whole thing, it seems like it's more of symptom of depression that it's cause.

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Is Quetiapine the only medication you're on? When I was on Chlorpromazine I was having very, very vivid waking dreams which were a side effect. Is there anything that lifts your mood that you could try and do when you wake up to start your day better? It would be a good idea to talk to your doctor and maybe ask for a blood test because there could be a physical reason why you're feeling so exhausted. I know what it's like to have an unhelpful sleeping pattern and difficult mornings so I can empathise. It often leaves me feeling suicidal because I am unable to get out of bed until the afternoon. I really hope something changes for you. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)