RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Voldemort

Clopixol or modecate

I'm currently on 'paliperidone' (or so they claim) for 'psychosis' (so they claim) but it's raised my prolactin levels (of course it's not DNA changing poison, oh no). Anyway. They're going to retest my levels and if it's still high they want to change it to a different depot.

They've mentioned haloperidol (tried this orally and had no effect - probably because there's nothing wrong with me), aripriprazole (same as haloperidol), clopixol and modecate. I've never been on clopixol or modecate but the side effects are pretty similar. I'm just looking for anyone with experience of either?

Clopixol can also raise prolactin levels and I'm not keen on that as it stops my period (not a huge issue) and makes me gain weight (big issue). Has anyone had weight gain and prolactin levels raised by either of these? I'm not convinced that they'll be giving me what they're supposed to be giving me but I'm not going to get much of a choice in it. (Sectioned and threatened with restraint if I do not take it).

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I am on clopixol and although I had weight gain on the lower doses the dose I am on is weight neutral. So it's possible not to gain weight. I have never had trouble with lack of periods unfortunately. In fact apart from a lump on the injection site (I am on a depot ) & occasional blurred vision I don't get any side effects.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
Voldemort

I'll be getting the depot too as I'm refusing oral medication at the moment.

Was the weight gain due to an increased appetite or because it affected your metabolism? I'm worried that as I'm getting the prolactin effects on the 'paliperidone' I'll get it from the new ones too. Ugh. I just want them to leave me alone and let me go home.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
HildaOgden

I am currently:

I'm on clopixol depot and it hasn't affected my prolactin levels. I have gained weight.. it makes me want to eat more

HildaOgden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:16 AM   #5
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Like HildaOgden it made me want to eat more. But that only happened on the lower dose not my current dose.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 07-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #6
Voldemort

Thanks both for your input. I think I'm leaning towards clopixol. Had another blood test today so should find out Monday or Tuesday whether or not I need to change.

I'm hoping I wouldn't get an increased appetite - I've never had this before on a medication, even olanzapine, so we shall see.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
cough cough

I am currently:

I'm on Paliperidone Depot and have lost a lot of weight. It works good for me. I'm due a well mans check in November so will see if my prolactin levels are okay because this is the longest stability I've had in a long time, I don't want to change.

Last edited by tiptoes : 10-07-2017 at 09:52 PM. Reason: numbers
cough cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #8
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Clopixol and Modecate have a similar prolactin-raising capacity.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #9
Voldemort

Yeah, I know. I wasn't too keen on either of them. I've actually been started on abilify/aripiprazole instead. I've been on it before and it didn't do anything but we shall see. Had my tribunal today and they affirmed my section so I'm stuck here for now.

Old 21-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #10
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I hope that you find a solution soon so that you can come off section.

Old 22-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Have you tried clozapine? It has been known to help people where previous antipsychotics haven't worked.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 04:37 PM   #12
Voldemort

Yes I have. I became very neutropenic and had to come off it but at the time it worked very well. I don't believe there's any psychosis to treat right now though. I'm being held against my will and given meds I don't want or need. It's very unfair.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)