RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
IdleButDeadly
I climbed a pyramid, I think I can do this...

I am currently:
The big scary Halloween thread!

Just kidding, it's probably not scary :p but I LOVE Halloween!

Anyone dressing up, going out, decorating? Anything Halloween share it here!

I decided to make my own decorations this year. It's my third Halloween being out of my parents house and my boyfriend is a total stickler when it comes to Halloween :( so we've never really decorated or gone out. I always carve awesome pumpkins though! This year I wanted to start building a Halloween decorations box. So I started with some "jar faces". My sister is on mat leave now, so she said she'd help paint them with me, and she's already come up with some good ideas! Like a Cheshire cat :D

uploadfromtaptalk1350772986784.jpg (sorry it's sideways, not sure why it did that... It's right side up in my phone!)

I'm also going to make bats out of black felt to attach all over my door :)

My nephew Merrik is 2 now, and since his mum is home she's taking him trick or treating this year! So I'm going to go with them, and afterwards they will come here and Kat said she'd help me hand out candy. I'm so stoked! Seriously, my BF always wants to turn off all the lights and eat the candy lmao so having actual Halloween plans I'm SO excited!

IdleButDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
whirlpools

Your 'jarface' is great!

I used to go to the most brilliant Halloween parties! My friend used to live in a big old country house in a village, and we used to decorate it some years. I remember making full-sized graves out of polystyrene and spray paints, and skewering them into the garden (one little girl's dad had to take her back the next day one year, to show her it wasn't a real graveyard!). We used to draw round each-other in chalk on the ground, and we made police tape to go round the 'bodies'. Vegetable soup was served out of a hollowed-out pumpkin in the cellar, and a variety of ghoulish decorations were made out of food dyes, jellies, fake eyeballs and jars. We had the fortune-telling room decorated in veils and with one of those crystal balls with the electricity in, and the X files theme playing. We had a strobe light and a smoke machine. There was a papier mached cauldron full of sweets and a lifesized drawing of the Grim Reaper on the stairs. We told lots of ghost stories.

One year, a neighbour had even made my friend a full-sized coffin out of plywood, which we carried around the village (and in and out of the pubs!) on our shoulders! It was very spooky and strange.

Alas, I don't do anything like that anymore - mostly it's just sitting with the lights off, pretending I'm not home. This year, I am dressing up in a costume (which I have only half-sorted so far) to sit in the dark and pretend I'm not home, because I do love dressing up.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
ferretmonster

a couple years ago me and my friend who owns a pub did a fangtasia night which was cool, we still have a real coffin sitting underneath the pool table (we know the local coffin maker and it was a second)

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Attachment 20239

i got this for Jasmine. i may also get the pumpkin outfit i saw as well...

Last edited by Cacoethes : 20-11-2012 at 06:15 PM.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Pretty.Reckless
The poor can marry for love!

I am currently:

I'm having a party this year :) Getting all my decorations sorted slowly but surely and got my outfit sorted.

Can't wait....I love halloween :D

" A man can change his stars"
Avo Belo. Avo Adelgo. Dartho go-nin.

Pretty.Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I love halloween :D I am having a party on saturday and going out on halloween itself and going to a halloween event a week on friday

my costume has fallen through though so I now have until the weekend to create a new one

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
LeftOutsideAlone
Take these wings and learn to fly <3

I am currently:

I need to come up with a costume too! My friend's having a halloween party & we got sky lanterns to let off together. And fireworks :D:D I'm going to dress my godson up like a penguin, not very Halloweeny but he's only 5 months old so he can't pull off too scary ;) Although I did see a really cute pumpkin outfit, I might get him that either. His mum & dad are leaving him with me for the Halloween weekend :D yay!

Oh oh, and I'm going to drive in scary movies!:D That's the coolest thing ever about Halloween. I've never been to drive in movies before #excited

This little lady is my life. She keeps me strong through everything <3

I know I have a fickle heart and bitterness,
And a wandering eye, and a heaviness in my head

LeftOutsideAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
[Luna]

HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN!!
My favourite day of the year!

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Normally for Halloween I head off into Sheffield for the fright night event.
Not going to be able to afford it this year so I'm going to stay in and watch Paranormal Activity.

In terms of decorations though I found a nice cheap idea.
Take toilet roll tubes, cut eye shapes out of the sides, insert into tubes glow sticks, then place inside bushes for the glowing eye monster effect. Cheap but effective.
I managed to find some glow sticks in poundland today, so I'm as set as I'm going to be for halloween.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

^ I might be heading to Fright Night in town on Sunday, but I have work the next day. Might go for an hour or two if I can afford it. Usually a laugh.

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

I'e gone the last three years, always in costume. Always round the night off with Rocky Horror singalong.
the way things are looking this year I'll be stuck at home. Despite having a job now I still don't have much in the way of spare coin. Every penny is accounted for.

Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Old 22-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
LifeBecomingALandslide
Why Can't I feel Happy? :(

I am currently:

Halloween scares me tbh, the thought of going out to a place full of people I don't know and dressing up and stuff sends my anxiety through the roof :/ been invited to parties last two years and again this year but I chickened out last two years!

LifeBecomingALandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #13
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

there's something good about being in costume, especially if you can hide behind a mask.
Makes me feel more comfortable and confident I must say.

06.November.2011

Old 23-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #14
IdleButDeadly

I am currently:

uploadfromtaptalk1350949262181.jpg
New project: making BATS :D

Old 23-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #15
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_Good_inc. View Post
I'e gone the last three years, always in costume. Always round the night off with Rocky Horror singalong.
the way things are looking this year I'll be stuck at home. Despite having a job now I still don't have much in the way of spare coin. Every penny is accounted for.
Ah, I'm the opposite, I haven't been the last 3 years due to being at Uni this time of year. Is it still any decent? I remember the "spooky bus" outside Winter Gardens the other year which was terrible!

I can't decide which I want to go to though, this or After Dark.

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #16
Gofeen

I get obsessions about things. Some years ago it was Halloween. I have more decorations than Lewis's at Christmas. Most I got shipped over from the States, some from TK Max, some from the pound shop and a few I made. The crowning glory is a 6' dark christmas tree all decorated in Halloween themed baubles, decoratons and withchy lights. This year it is joined by a 5' purple tree in the dining area all decorated in orange pumpkins and orange lights. Yes, I think my psych would get me sectioned if she came to visit. LOL It has all been up for a week now and will stay till mid November when it will go away and start to turn Christmassy. My mum and sister are supposed to be coming for dinner on Halloween but as my mum isn't talking to my sister don't know what will happen. Maybe she'll get over it in time. I even got myself an outfit this year from Asda - a female vampire outfit with a long black curly wig for £19! I have lost a lot of weight over the last year (needed to) so I could actually get something that fitted! Am I totally mad?

Gofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #17
IdleButDeadly

I am currently:

I want to come over to your house! :D

Old 23-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #18
Gofeen

You're welcome!!!! Come right over!

Gofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
[Luna]

I found some awesome pumpkin carvings!

The last one is my favourite! :iheartu:

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #20
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretmonster View Post
(we know the local coffin maker and it was a second)
as in.. second hand?

How is this possible?

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)