Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
damocles23

I am currently:
A reflection and dealing with a****** on the internet

So...I've basically been on 4chan or a Facebook equivalent of it. Most of those people had my interests like comic books, games and everything else. One or two of them are even bloggers for an important site but...They are assholes. Pardon my french but they truly are. I thought they were amusing at first and maybe I am a little bit easily offeneded but those people are repellent. Should I cut all ties with them once and for all?

damocles23 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 25-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
The One Who

I am currently:

Are these people actually friends, or simply people off the internet? If the former, what made you be friends with them in the first place? And if the latter, surely there are very few ties to cut other than simply ignoring their very existence?

The anonymity the internet grants people can be both a wonderful and terrifying thing. The internet, as a general rule of thumb, is full of rather unpleasant personalities. Ignore them because they don't actually mean anything to you other than a (fake) name on a screen.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
damocles23

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Are these people actually friends, or simply people off the internet? If the former, what made you be friends with them in the first place? And if the latter, surely there are very few ties to cut other than simply ignoring their very existence?

The anonymity the internet grants people can be both a wonderful and terrifying thing. The internet, as a general rule of thumb, is full of rather unpleasant personalities. Ignore them because they don't actually mean anything to you other than a (fake) name on a screen.
I thought it once. The fact is I was mercilessly bullied them because I simply disagreed with a very despicable person. The worst part? I feel so alone and unloved that I felt familiarity in this. Human contact and all.

damocles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)