RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
A question about depression

When u r depressed r u triggered by sth that makes u feel down or r u down all the time?i mean is there a specific event that make u feel that way or in general?sorry if i dont make sense.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Stellata

My past triggered my depression. My depression comes and goes in waves of varying severity. I'm starting to feel my feelings now, and it's lifting.

Things that remind me of my past can trigger a down episode, but with the help of therapy and my meds, I don't stay deeply down as long as I did when I was very ill.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Im not usually triggered but i have bipolar so its more of a chemical imbalance as opposed to certain events triggering me...

however, some things things that happen .. such as getting dumped by an ex sent me into a hypomanic episode, so i dunno really.

think ive just blabbled **** lol
xxx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
scarlett1
just a girl

I am currently:

depression is complex..there are a number of genetic and neurobiological factors that are involved but people with a pre disposition can be triggered by an event which upset them. They can also be consitantly low for periods of time. I know I have a predisposition but certain events trigger me more than others. I'm especially triggered after a loss of an attachment i hold dear. I feel low to the point of suicide ideation but that's like the tip of the hill..once I get past that it's just a case of holding on as it gets better.

scarlett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
Xani
Carpe Diem

I am currently:

I haven't yet gone to my doctor about this, but I get severe bouts of down time which leads to triggering.

For me, it's not all the time, just tends to come in waves all of a sudden

Quote:
"Reaching out to embrace the random.

Reaching out to embrace whatever may come."

Xani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
Sarika
Becca!

I am currently:

I don't get triggered...it just happens most of the time. But, I'm bipolar so I can't really do anything to help. However, things that would normally trigger depression in someone have triggered hypomanic/manic episodes in me. The most unsual experience I've had was after I was severely depressed and...acted on a impulse to do something...I became manic. It confuses me.
I've gotten triggered by depression a few times though. When my friend died, when school stressors got to extreme, and when I had a schedule change(I can't stand changes in routine).

Stay Safe Tonight

Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
TheOn3LeftBehind
Isn't someone missng me?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~longing~tears~ View Post
My past triggered my depression. My depression comes and goes in waves of varying severity. I'm starting to feel my feelings now, and it's lifting.

Things that remind me of my past can trigger a down episode, but with the help of therapy and my meds, I don't stay deeply down as long as I did when I was very ill.
Same happens to me. Distractions keep me seperated from depression but I start thinking of my past and I get severely depressed again.

TheOn3LeftBehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
that faery kid
there is no such thing as freedom, is there?

I am currently:

hmm i can be become depressed if im triggered but...normally its just a cycle. if i feel really happy..i know in a few days..or even hours ill be depressed...but ive been diagnosed with dysthymia and bipolar disoder..so yeah thats a lovely combo :/

~as if we are weren't grey

that faery kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)