RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
tashamash

I am currently:
Recovery physical side effects. Trigger warning*

Trigger warning **Hi there, I haven't been on this forum in such a long time and never spoke much when I was here about 8 years ago but tonight needed somewhere to vent. So have been struggling with coming to terms with the fact I have anorexia for about a year now and am in another trial of recovery and am super struggling with the physical changes of eating.
TMI But am so bloated and yucky all the time and seriously not handling it well so tried to get with a friend about it who will with best intentions told me that 1 it's probably in my head and 2 maybe I should try cutting out wheat and dairy.
So now I feel like I'm in a downward spiral again and worst thing I still feel utterly physically sick! What do I do?

tashamash is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
tryingbutconfused

I know EXACTLY how you feel! My nutritionist told me that I have to refeed VERY slowly because my digestion has been slowed so drastically, maybe you are increasing too fast? Have you mentioned it to your medical team?

tryingbutconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
tashamash

I am currently:

Hey, thanks for your reply. I haven't mentioned it to my psychologist. I find that we can't really talk about that kind of thing we talk more about the reasons behind why I restrict. And I haven't seen my dr in quite a while but I do have an appt coming up in which I will try and get the courage to mention it. I haven't ever been given a plan for refeedkng or anything. I dont think I was ever "that bad" ( though I dont know of that's in my head or not). I'm fairly certain that it was getting to the point that if I continued the way I was my psychologist would have put me in in patient treatment I think I just kept hovering on the ok side of the line enough for her not to do that. Thanks for acknowledging that it's a normal thing though, makes me feel a little less alone nbn e in this.

Old 30-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
tryingbutconfused

I have the same problem with my counselor, just from the standpoint of her not knowing the way to refeed. I think a nutritionist might be a good idea, I was told it takes a team of people to effectively help you recover. Again, I don't know how far you were, mine was years and wasn't until I started having health problems did I decide maybe they were right, but I still have trouble actually believing there is actually a problem. But the nutritionist would be able to look at your intake/type of food and help you get a plan together that might help. I did have to add fiber powder to my intake, it did help to keep things from just sitting in there.... Not sure if that's your problem, but might be another option? Just saying what my drs have told me to help. They also told me it would take over a year to get me to a "normal" diet, so might be able to give you a timeframe to so you know how/when to increase.

tryingbutconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
tashamash

I am currently:

Than you. I'll ask my dr about seeing a nutritionist it might be a good idea, I tried to see a dietitian before ( not sure if it's the same) but was too triggered and struggled then at the time like u believing it was a problem. I still struggle with that but am nbnin a moment of believing it. The time frame sucks but at least it's something to go off. Thanks again

Old 19-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
indigorose

I am currently:

I get weight distributing in places it's never been before.

indigorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #7
tashamash

I am currently:

Thats hard indigorose. Ate you finding that really difficult??

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)