RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 26-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
gemzywemz

I am currently:
Eating Disorder - Raised Liver Enzymes

I had some blood tests done the other week after my previous ones were done in September and this time my liver function has come back with elevated enzymes. Apparently last time they were 30 something which is within the proper range but now they are 70 something. My consultant said that I need to have tests again in a month but if I loose more weight between now and then she will re-do them then because if it goes up anymore I may have to go into a medical ward at the hospital for treatment. She said that it is causing the vitamin B12 to be in my blood rather than in my liver or somethng. Im really confused and dont know how serious this is. I had raised liver enzymes about 2 years ago before the eating disorder really took hold and had to have a re-test and then got told that it was ok, but I dont know what the level was back then. So I dont know whether this is something of nothing like that and prob not even to do with my anorexia or whether this is something a whole lot more serious. Last set of bloods I had done I was told my creatin was high ( or low i cant remember ) which basically meant that my muscles were wasting and yet this time apparently they have gone back to normal range. How can this be?

The problem I find is that I tend to use these things as markers of how ill I am with the anorexia which I know I shouldnt be doing but unfortunately I am. So now im thinking that my muscles are fine because its back in normal range. In yet I can barely move my legs and my arms are killing me and I can see sunken muscles in them. Does anyone else find they use these tests as markers and stuff? or is it just me? Is it common behaviour in an anorexic?

Just really looking for some advice or info from fellow sufferers who may have experianced similar things.

Thanks guys x

Old 27-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Animad

Sorry, we cannot give advice on the results of blood tests. This is because there could be loads of reasons for them to be taken and similarly loads of reasons why the enzymes are raised (so meds can cause it for instance). Due to this, with anything such as this you have to talk to the doctor that sorted out the tests (or your GP if they have back the full info about them) to talk you through them and to tell you what they think.

It is against the rules because of what I've said above for us to do so and therefore this thread is now going to be closed.

If you want to discuss this decision further then feel free to PM me,
KimA, First Aid Advisor

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)