RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #341
Juniperi

Well done Kiran. Getting lost can be extra stressful. Well done for sorting it out calmly. The conference sounds awesome. I hope you have lots of fun!

Juniperi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 11:40 PM   #342
Iamcatbug
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Princess View Post
Oh please tell me your adulting secret Cat! Very well done and I imagine it must have taken a lot of guts to face up to the financial issue. So may hero points coming your way!
Sorry, I've only just seen this.

I'm not sure there is an adulting secret to be honest, its more been a realisation that I can't just ignore everything completely all the time. Knowing when to take a break when stuff gets too overwhelming and accepting help when I need it.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 02:00 AM   #343
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Thanks Jill and you're right Cat. I am also breaking the habit of a lifetime of burying my head in the sand and it does seem to work!

More Brighton planning occurred today.
Threw caution to the wind and managed to engage in a long conversation with a supervisor I had previously found quite awkward/difficult to talk to and now any awkwardness has vanished between us.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #344
[Luna]

Yesterday I went to fertility clinic alone which included an invasive scan and also called the clinic's accounts department which at one point I never would have done in a million years.

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:32 AM   #345
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

That is so wonderful Luna! You're amazing <3 and you did amazingly.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #346
chinahorse

I am currently:

Well done everyone great work :)

I made it safely through the weekend without self harm.
I made a budget which I'm attempting to stick to.
I helped a friend in need and stayed safe even though it triggered me.
I asked for help when I was struggling.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #347
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Well done Lillie, super proud of you! Great work yourself!

I've done my allocated mindfulness training three days in a row now! Trying to make it a habit.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #348
Juniperi

Three times makes a habit, Kiran, so you're there already in theory! Mindfulness is so simple yet so hard somehow...I envy your efforts <3

Well done, Lillie. It sounds like you're working through some big things.

I joined my sister for her music therapy today and it was brilliant fun!

Old 02-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #349
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Jill I know exactly what you mean with mindfulness. I I find using the Headspace app good because it's just 10 minute sessions and you can timetable a reminder to do it every day to help it be easier to fit in to your life

Glad you fun today. Sounds like you and your sister are finding bits of happiness amidst the things that are going on. ALL the love.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #350
Juniperi

Thank you, Kiran. All the love for you too x

Old 09-05-2017, 10:51 PM   #351
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Networked with lots of people at the conference and people seemed to like me.
One workshop facilitator told me my comments were really insightful and asked if we could keep in touch.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:48 PM   #352
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Today I went swimming and did 2 more lengths than last week.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #353
Juniperi

Well done with the swimming!

I have no doubt they loved you at the conference, Kiran.

I made it through work today and I think I did a good job and I held a handstand for about 15 seconds.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #354
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

- didn't totally freak out when I was too ill to train.
- Have eaten a healthy breakfast and snack
- Actually attending my appointment with my new psychologist.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #355
Iamcatbug
Cat

- Actually emailed people straight away instead of putting it off.
- Accepted that I need help with something and asked for it.
- Actually seen that I am improving my debt situation.
- Allowed myself time for self care.
-And deliberately made all this points start with the letter A to please my mind.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #356
yoyogirl

I am currently:

TW

For switching my phones off for remainder of the day as I don't have the emotional or mental strength to deal with anything else at the moment. I need some space.

Saying to G that I won't be seeing him today or possibly tomorrow. I am sorry he he's pissed me off so many times and mentally/emotionally abuses me and makes me feel utter ****. (See post on forum)
M

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #357
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Well done guys!

Hope the new psychologist is helpful Jodes <3
Cat could you do your next hero entry with b because that would really please my mind!
Ellie, well done they do sound like really smart decisions that you made there.

I have marshalled myself to do some necessary things to day that for some reason I was blowing up out of all proportion.

Old 22-05-2017, 08:41 PM   #358
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Reminded myself that it's okay to be human and to cry and be sad. To show empathy is a beautiful way of acknowledging another's pain and I'm proud of myself for finally seeing it that way. It is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #359
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

^ That is really beautifully said.

I went to a mental health social group type thing and was bricking it, ended up having a real laugh, holding my own in conversations in a way I haven't been able to in so so long, then going into a drinking environment, ordering a soft drink and genuinely not even noticing within a few minutes other people drinking alcohol (luckily person I was with was on soft drink as well, but this is the first time I've been in a full blown drinking environment since stopping drinking 3 and 1/2 months ago so for me big deal). And I still had fun and a laugh despite some anxiety. And I managed to navigate getting home safely wheelchair and all without falling into major anxiety night+male taxi driver+mobility etc. So yeah. *stops rambling*

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #360
Too Shy

I am currently:

^^ That is a brilliant achievement, well done! I'm glad you managed to have some fun despite the struggles too. You should feel very very proud. :)

Well done to all for recent achievements! This is a lovely thread to read, very inspiring.

Today I:

Have dropped a card in to say thank you to the police officers who had to get me medical help last week. Although I have no memory of what happened, I know I am covered in restraint bruises and am told I was very agitated and resistant. I am feeling so ashamed and guilty and I wanted to try to apologise. So it's a start.

I have also agreed to hand in the month's worth of medication I was discharged from hospital with but should not have been, and keep to weekly prescriptions, despite my head telling me to not say anything.

These are not sounding very positive, but they are steps.

Also I bought a white chocolate Toblerone so it feels like Christmas, and that must deserve Hero Points surely?

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)