Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:
Self discipline *ED trig

OKay, so i've realized something.
I haven't been studying these past couple weeks and it's because i've lost my self-discipline.
The problem is, i associate it with not eating and ana stuff so i don't know wha to do.

Do i try to study and discipline myself and risk falling back into not eating and diet pills and stuff?
How can i sort myself out?

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

inkyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:

The best way I found of getting myself to do revision and studying is to make a revision time table and stick to it. Give yourself spaces for breaks and such of course.
As far as not slipping back into bad habits you just have to be strong and fight it. Remember to put spaces into your timetable where you're going to eat and sticking to that might help as well.

Take care sweetheart.
*hugs*

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
Keep Smiling
ASofterWorld

I am currently:

^^ above is a good idea,, make sure that your revision times are spilt apart by times you have set yourself to eat. i know exams are stressful and it can get really pressursing but be strong honey,, you can do this *cuddles you*

lucy.
x x x

go on a journey, & roam the streets,
can't see the way out, & so use the stars.
she sits for eternity, & then climbs out.
she's the glowing sun, so come out.

Keep Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Good luck hun, i know revision is hard. Take regular breaks and reward yourself :)x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Those are good ideas, thanks.
But the problem i'm having is that at the moment i don't have the motivation to do the work and getting it back involves getting the discipline and motivation back that i use for not eating.
Am i making any sense?

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

inkyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
_inevermetanothergemini_

I am currently:

You could try an alternate reward than not eating maybe?
Maybe give yourself a little treat or do something you enjoy after each revision period?
Good luck in your exams,
xxx

_inevermetanothergemini_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
Alcohol Induced Altruism
Cheap Beauty

I am currently:

I understand what you mean, and I'm often the same. I associate counting calories etc with revision, homework and other responsibilities I have. So if I concentrate on one, I end up doing all things I associate with eachother. For example if I was given more homework, I'd restrict what I was eating more.

Perhaps you could try to administrate control over your eating, without being unhealthy. IE you could set yourself healthy targets (IE: 3 meals a day and 3 small snacks, 2,000kcal etc) which may help short term, long term though doing this I guess would just continue to enforce the link between revision and eating, and probably wont help you long term even if short term you get your revision done without damaging your body. I guess the only way you can get around it is by establishing why you do it, and working through that.

Sorry that wasn't very helpful.

Hunger only for a taste of justice, hunger only for a world of truth, for all that you have is your soul.
I love BarrelO'Crazy

Alcohol Induced Altruism is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)