RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #8481
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Yeah, let me know :) I wouldn't be able to come out to Ellon as Faith's in nursery 5 days a week unless its an inservice day or something.

Have you got stuff to give her for the nappy rash? Faith had a nappy rash really badly about 2 years ago where she'd had a diarrhea nappy while we were out but it never smelt so I didn't noticed until she'd been in it for a while. By the time I had finished cleaning her up, her bum was red raw and had the pimples that you described. We ended up using metanium nappy cream. Its yellow in colour but it is amazing and worked really well. Also try natural yogurt in her nappy. It will curdle but its meant to help.

Thank goodness you've finally managed to get an appointment for Poppy, Katy! Its been a long time coming. Poor toot must be sore from being constipated. Both my sisters were both constantly constipated and had to go to outpatient appointments at the hospital to be "flushed out" when they got really bad.

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #8482
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

Yea, we've been alternating sudocream, bepanthen, and fresh air. She seems to love being naked today! She didn't sleep in her silk body suit last night cos it needed washed, and her rash came back on the tummy and her back rawly badly so she spent a large part of the afternoon in just her nappy and her vest and she was much happier!

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #8483
Beautifully Broken

Fresh air is definitely good. We used to let Faith lie on her changing mat underneath her play gym with a towel on the mat and let her kick for an hour or so before bath. Oh no poor toot :(

Old 23-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #8484

I am currently:

Today got worse she was straining trying to poo from the minute she woke up. Mid feed she turned red and started screaming and breathing rapidly and really straining. Been prescribed movicol to give her now, and the dr wrote a note to me on the part of the prescription you get given back. He thinks this might sort her bowel but make her reflux come back again every nappy today has been a dirty one, and every one of those has hurt her
Her vomit smells like super noodles now! It's weird!!
Aurora gets to lie on a blanket in the middle of the living room and gets toys around her so if she rolls she can get them. She's mastered pulling her blanket towards her to get the toys though, she's a cheeky monkey!

Old 24-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #8485
Popple

I would seriously push for a change of formula onto once of the more advanced ones like neocate to see does that ease things for her.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #8486

I am currently:

She is on neocate now, the dietitian said gps are reluctant to prescribe it, but it's the last thing we can try. I've to call on weds with an update and to get a prescription sorted, got 1 wks worth to start.
Also got a leaflet on dairy free weaning and a follow up appointment for August

Old 25-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #8487
Popple

Yeah most people have to fight for it because it is insanely expensive and you obviously need a lot of it! Are you on facebook? Theres a great group for allergy babies with fab advice about safe foods etc.

Old 27-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #8488

I am currently:

I am on Facebook, could you pm me a link to the group?
I've decided to stop auroras reflux meds apart from the thickner we add to her milk. She was so constipated and didn't poo from Thursday morning til last night giving her movicol is like torturing her, I had to pin her to me and syringe some in to her and she was straining and crying when she was going

I have a job interview on Thursday!! They keep trying to get me to move it til Wednesday, but I don't have childcare on Wednesday. Hoping that doesn't scupper my chances before I even get there!

Old 28-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #8489
Popple

Pm'd you a link :)

Had 2 fillings today but as usual had problems with them getting anaesthetic to actually work on me so they had to give me loads in the end and now I can't feel half my face :|

Old 29-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #8490
Beautifully Broken

I hate getting fillings!!

Old 29-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #8491

I am currently:

I hate getting fillings as well!

I thought we had a childcare sorted for me going back to work. Told her it would be now that I would know what days and hours I was needing. Well, she is saying we haven't been in touch with her, so she thought we didn't need the space anymore, so gave it to someone else without contacting us first.
So she has basically cost me my new job we cried a lot yesterday and Andrew phoned her and screamed at her!

Old 29-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #8492
Beautifully Broken

That wasn't very nice of her! Is it a childminder or a private nursery?

Old 29-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #8493

I am currently:

Childminder. I'd rather have her in a smaller setting, especially with her allergy!

Old 29-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #8494
Popple

I can feel my face again but now I can feel my toothache!

That's awful of her! Don't let it put you off hopefully you will find a better one look for someone with experience of allergies if you can.

Old 29-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #8495

I am currently:

Yea, meeting one on Tuesday who has 3 days free starting July. She is the other side of ellon, but it would work for the first few years at least. Surprisingly, choices for childminders seems to be limited around here. Might become a childminder myself, it seems to be lucrative business!!

My interview tomorrow has been moved to ellon instead of being in Aberdeen. I'm thinking that is a good thing, means I get to meet the manager I would be working for if I get the job. Not looking forward to telling him I can't start for a long time though -/

We ran out of neocate this morning, so Aurora has been back on nutramigen today. She was being sick again, and refused her last feed completely. Confirms even more that the neocate is the right food for her!

Old 30-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #8496
Beautifully Broken

I'm not sure about the nurseries in Ellon, but the ones in Inverurie all seem quite good when it comes to allergies. At the nursery my sister works at, there was a boy who was allergic to nappies and had a constant rash. The parents had to provide the nappies and the boy had to be changed every hour!

Old 30-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #8497

I am currently:

Ouch, that sounds sore!

The interview today took about 5 minutes, they asked when I could come back to work and I said not until August. So they are going to keep my details on file and get back in touch if any jobs come up around about then.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #8498
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....

I am currently:

I feel like im really struggling at the moment.
I feel like im being a crap mum even though the reality is im not. My days consist of my little boy. He's not even a bad baby. He hardly cries and all he really wants is feeding, changing and for me to play mattress to him for his naps.

But I keep feeling like it would be so much easier if I hadn't had him. Which then makes me feel like a worse mum because he's such an amazing son.

I don't actually know how to word any of what im feeling I just thought if anyone would be able to relate it would be the mums on here more so.

littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.

dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #8499
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Hey dragonfly. Those sorts of feelings can be totally normal. I was talking to some people from baby group the other day and I said I can't remember what I did when I just had one baby and one girl said "sat around mourning the loss of your freedom" and we all laughed and nodded. Just because your having those thoughts doesn't mean you don't love your little one. Do you have other mums your in contact with through a baby group at all? I found, especially in the early days, that talking to other mums in the sake positions as you was invaluable. My oldest is now 2 and I still occasionally meet with all the mums and babies from baby group.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #8500
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....

I am currently:

Well I haven't had any freedom since moving here back in June. All I used to do was go to work in a one person kitchen so very much got used to no company except from my partner when he felt like communicating with me.
I only started going to a baby group on Thursday so so far still basically have no one round here.

littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.

dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)