RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
mk26737

I'm Done

Well. I've recovered. It's a bittersweet sort of moment staring at the scale. Now, that number really means nothing at all to me whereas before I would monitor the fluctuation of every pound on a daily basis. Now, I'm just looking at it to ensure it's high enough. My hair is slowly growing back. I hope it'll go back to how it used to be.

Reply: Thank you :) I hope that you guys get through whatever struggles you're going through.
It was hard coming out of this-it took close to about two years to get to where I am today, but I'm so glad it didn't happen any later.
I feel anguished when I consider the time and health I threw away with the disorder...but then..grateful that it wasn't worse.
There is always a silver lining guys. If you're enduring any sort of health problem, like an eating disorder, please know that it gets better. I thought I'd never get better---but I started to exercise, saw my weight increase as I ate more, and realized that moderate exercise and a surplus in calories was what my body needed and wanted. Today I went to IHOP and had stuffed french toast and hash browns---and i ate it ALL. And I didn't feel an ounce of guilt. I'm not going to be controlled my food any longer. If you indulge once in a while, even once a week, you'll be fine. Don't fear the number on the scale. Learn to love yourself and your body. Things always get better.
It's late over here so I'm sorry if this isn't very organized but this is all from the heart.
Signing out, a happy IHOP customer :D,

Last edited by mk26737 : 03-02-2014 at 07:32 AM.
mk26737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing so much better! That's really positive to hear.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #3
LittleCloud
LittleCloud

I am currently:

Wow- congratulations!!

So she lights up a candle for hope to be found
Captive and blind by the darkness around
Each wave a promise, a new hope reborn
Sunrise consoles at the break of dawn

Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn Lyrics

LittleCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

This post is such a breath of fresh air,, congratulations sweetheart!

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #5
mk26737

Thank you :) I hope that you guys get through whatever struggles you're going through.
It was hard coming out of this-it took close to about two years to get to where I am today, but I'm so glad it didn't happen any later.
I feel anguished when I consider the time and health I threw away with the disorder...but then..grateful that it wasn't worse.
There is always a silver lining guys. If you're enduring any sort of health problem, like an eating disorder, please know that it gets better. I thought I'd never get better---but I started to exercise, saw my weight increase as I ate more, and realized that moderate exercise and a surplus in calories was what my body needed and wanted. Today I went to IHOP and had stuffed french toast and hash browns---and i ate it ALL. And I didn't feel an ounce of guilt. I'm not going to be controlled my food any longer. If you indulge once in a while, even once a week, you'll be fine. Don't fear the number on the scale. Learn to love yourself and your body. Things always get better.
It's late over here so I'm sorry if this isn't very organized but this is all from the heart.
Signing out, a happy IHOP customer :D,

mk26737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)