Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:
Bus pass

Hey guys

So I'm trying to apply for another bus pass because mine ran out but having some trouble with a reason for it.
I got my old one because I was having seizures but not had a seizure for 3.5 years now so can't apply for a bus pass because of that.

So my question is, does anyone have a bus pass due to mental health issues and what did the supporting letter say?

Thanks in advance!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I have had one due to MH issues that was signed off by my psychiatrist due to me being unfit to learn to drive/drive because of my mental health. I didn't need a supporting letter but it might be different application process where you are.

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks
I have a provisional licence and don't think there's any reason why I would be unfit to drive so maybe I just can't get one

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 26-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I had one given me due to being unfit to drive. I had to fill in a form submit an passport sized photo and send off a letter from my then current psych. He said that I had been advised not to drive in the letter.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #5
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I had a bus pass even when I was allowed to drive. My support worker/OT basically just had to fill in a form saying a bus pass would help me to get to appointments. But when I was put on PIP and was allowed the mobility component there was no other evidence needed. Not sure what it's like in your area though.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 07:13 PM   #6
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks guys

I'll tell my CC
She's not sure about it which prompted me to ask!

A bus pass would definitely help me get to appointments and I get mobility with DLA

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #7
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I think it depends on the area. I got a bus pass when DVLA told me I couldn’t drive. However, before that I was eating DLA mobility and was told I would only be eligible if a) I was told not to drive or b) I got high rate mobility.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:44 PM   #8
Indigo.
Wir und die Todten reiten schnell.

I am currently:

I also think it depends on the area.

This is it in my area: https://www.swansea.gov.uk/buspasses
Perhaps you can find a similar page for your area?

There's also this, same website, in the FAQs:

Quote:
Applying because of a disability

For those automatically entitled to a bus pass the applicant must be in receipt of one or more of the following state benefits:

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with 8 or more points for "Moving Around" or 12 points for "Planning and Following a Journey".

Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) as advised by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)

War Pensions Mobility Allowance

An award under Tariffs 1-8 of the War Veterans Compensation Scheme (AFCS)

NHS Registration card or Social Services Registration letter stating the person applying is registered with one or more of the following disabilities:- severely sight impaired, sight impaired, profoundly / severely deaf, without arms or long term loss of use of both arms.

Applicants unable to drive due to their disability must provide a letter from the DVLA stating a licence application has been refused or an existing licence has been revoked for at least 12 months or more.

Based on the above, I'm not eligible for it, in spite of the fact that I have moderate-severe fatigue which can be debilitating + mobility issues and if I walk for more than ~20 minutes a day, I get worse and there's a chance I might not be able to do things normally if I keep it up for too long. And I doubt there's any chance PIP will ever give me points for mobility :/

Asking your local council sounds like the best bet.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Indigo. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)