RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-06-2019, 01:10 AM   #1
Angie822

Recent Fall out with a family member, how to deal with it?

So here is the background, my family doesn't work. We live off social security income, I'm the only one working and goes to school full time. I'm getting stressed, my family has well over 5 adults and none of them work. One is 19 watching the younger siblings, other is 26 who stays home and literally does nothing but go out with her boyfriend and watches netflix. The other just recently graduated high school and is trying to pick up work. I'm paying for most of the bills, car payments for a car that i can't even drive, i pay for ubers to get to work and school and back home. I'm working and i'm broke, and I'm the only one working! I'm fed up and i'm tired, and recently i got into an argument with my eldest sister, we used to be like best friends and now we're not. We don't talk to one another, she unfriended me from facebook. She told me it's my fault i work part time, and I lost it. We got into a heated argument, and she said I act righteous thinking i'm better than my whole family for working. My mom told me I was selfish for getting mad at her for not being there for me to take me to work, because she has her own issues. Am I really in the wrong? I feel like I'm not, but everyone in my house is pinned against me. I just want to save and build my future is that wrong? My sister told me that I am working not for the family, but for myself. I am planning to move next year out of California, and she makes me feel bad like I'm abandoning my family. I don't know if I'm doing anything right.

(I'm only 21 and i'm trying to learn how to drive)

Angie822 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 20-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey,

I know I haven't heard both sides of the argument here but it sounds like you're working really hard and not getting a lot of support from your family and it's not wrong to want to save and work towards moving out.

Would you want to try to patch things up with your eldest sister once she's calmed down and if she's ready to talk things through with you?

Is there anyone outside of your family who you are close to and could talk to about this? It sounds like home isn't a very positive environment for you and could do with some input from people other than your family!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)