Tanquergay

I am currently:

UPDATE 3: The pasta fell over and I had a nervy b

Gordon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #62
chinahorse

I am currently:

How can pasta fall over?

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:17 PM   #63
Gordon.
Tanquergay

I am currently:

It was drunk

Old 11-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #64
chinahorse

I am currently:

Seems legit.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:01 PM   #65
Indigo.
Wir und die Todten reiten schnell.

I am currently:

*hugs everyone who was affected by the Drunk Disasta*

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Indigo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:16 AM   #66
Gordon.
Tanquergay

I am currently:

Hilariously, there was no alcohol involved, except for the 4 (or 5?!?!?!) spoons of red wine in the lasagne sauce, but obviously the pasta has sensitive alcohol receptors.

Conclusion: I am home, and in one piece. Jenna and Cara were in one piece when I left them. We enjoyed lasagne successfully. Jenna's cooking skills were 10/10.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:22 AM   #67
Gordon.
Tanquergay

I am currently:

Old 12-12-2015, 01:27 AM   #68
Indigo.

I am currently:

Clearly that was too much for the pasta!

Glad you're alright and hoping the others are too. Also: Well Done Jenna <3

I take it we're not going to be calling this cooking episode, The One With The Burning Glove?

I keep postponing my gelato outing, and buying Ben&Jerry's instead. I am obviously afraid of sorbetrayal.

Also, I shall attempt to make pasta tonight. The vestigial Italian blood that runs through my bones better not let me down.

ETA: Eeeeeeeeeeeep. More punsss.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #69
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

these posts made me lol!

Thank you all for the support in what was a very nerve-wracking time. I feel the 10/10 review was a little generous though, but I did feel, disastas aside, that the lasagne was somewhat successful.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #70
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

So Steph and I avoided a further italian cuisine catastrophe by just ordering pizza tonight! Though I did fear that our friendship might be over when it came to selecting toppings as I felt sure she would suggest pineapple

Old 17-12-2015, 01:30 AM   #71
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

Jenna's is an upcoming Italian restaurant located in London, Italy.

It serves exclusively tasty cuisine, with a vibrant undertone of cheese, notes of burnt fabric, and a refreshing lack of pineapple.

Free complimentary garlic bread on all orders over 10 lira.

Last edited by Sentient Treacle : 17-12-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Oh god I want to hear you say,
I want to hear you say that you were wrong again

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Time is the echo of an axe
Within a wood.

Sentient Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #72
Indigo.

I am currently:

Ordering pizza is always good.

Brill Restaurant Idea, count me in as a prospective client!

Would you at least consider doing special pineapple orders for pineapple lovers such as me and Steph?

Also, Cara, whatever ninja photo you have posted, it has eluded me by turning into a grey stop sign. Hope it's not a sign this restaurant is off-limits for pineapple lovers?!

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 17-12-2015, 02:55 AM   #73
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

It should be working now!

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Within a wood.

Old 17-12-2015, 03:03 AM   #74
Indigo.

I am currently:

Truly mouth-watering, OH MY GOODNESS!!!

20/10.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 17-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #75
Gordon.
Tanquergay

I am currently:

Cara, I was about to reflect on how antisocial I was by the presence of my phone on the table, then I remembered you're using your (brand new swanky) telephoning device to take this very picture itself.

Pasta disastras, I feel that I have starved you of Italian cusine related conversation recently. I've had many an Italian cusine, but no time to post!! Surprisingly the past two experiences have gone very well. I feel it is largely down to the normalisation of these disastas, that we have achieved through this very thread. Well done pasta disastras!

Two days ago, I dined at Pizza Express (Pizza Distress) with a friend.
We have a time old habit of ordering many starters/sides instead of an actual main, because the starters are the best part. Who wants to eat the same pizza for 30 minutes, when you can have a mini buffet at your table? So, our order included lots of dough balls/garlic butter, tomato and mozarella salad, amongst other fabuloso starters. I can tell you that our choices were 10/10. The waiter was clearly very confused by now, and was probably preparing the chef to cook five main courses for the greedy table of two in the corner. Super embarass. We skipped the mains, probably to the chef's relief, and moved straight onto desserts. Again, the choice was heartwrenching. How do you possibly make a decision? We managed to narrow the desserts down to two, and agreed to share both, as the choice was too difficult. We were in honeycomb/chocolate orange heaven for a (too short) period of time.

Last night I ventured to the new Italian cusine place in London that Cara so fantastically advertised- Jenna's. We decided to order pizzas in, as the traumas of the flaming oven glove incident is still haunting all involved. I ALMOST suggested that we have a pineapple pizza, but I remembered the bulling and segregation that this mere fruit caused on this thread, and refrained. Rightly so, as Jenna was fearing the talk of pineapple. I still managed to disgust Jenna with my starter order of garlic mushrooms, to which she responded by ordering chicken dippers instead. We shared a pepperoni pizza with a STUFFED CRUST (much love). The meal was enjoyed greatly, and all disastras were avoided. We then enriched the ears of Jenna's neighbours by playing some Christmas and Mozart violin viola duets. Such fun. To set the scene, it involved the the large headed violinist (myself) enjoying many many notes, whilst Jenna perseveres with a note a bar (or no notes a bar muahaha), playing any articulation or dynamic markings with commited enthusiasm. Admittedly, we should have recorded our fabulous Christmas carols for our fellow disastras as a Christmas greeting.

Two disastras of the past popped into my mind whilst writing this, so I'll ensure I do another update within the next few days. I apologise for the lack of pasta disastras in recent times.

Old 30-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #76
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

I'm really pleased to hear about new independent establishments in London tbh. I've no sympathy for you and your pineapple and agree with said segregation as to me, ham and pineapple should be segregated on moral grounds.

Is pizza express worth it? Is it fast enough to advertise itself as express? These are the burning questions upon which I end this New Year.

This year we had Panettonne at Christmas in some shocking attempt at climbing the ladder of social class. Not as effective when your accent makes it rhyme with 'fanny bun'. However it was pre bought and so there was no firey disasters of an Italian sort to be had, but our glorious leader David C might have had some opinions on the pigs in blankets.

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Within a wood.

Old 30-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #77
Indigo.

I am currently:

I love Panettone!!

I was worried that no one has had Italian during this festive period. We had pasta(not made by me) the other day but I couldn't have any because I felt very sick. Oh, the rage, the frustration! I have been deprived of Italian food(and cigarettes) all through Christmas, and was forced to 'enjoy' the traditional British Christmas Dinner. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient Treacle View Post
Not as effective when your accent makes it rhyme with 'fanny bun'.
OMFG. Am trying to imagine that. Proper laughing.

I should really try this Pizza Express you lot keep mentioning sometime soon. I am starting to desire some variety in my daily pizza.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 30-12-2015, 11:06 PM   #78
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Jenna's is an upcoming Italian restaurant located in London, Italy.

It serves exclusively tasty cuisine, with a vibrant undertone of cheese, notes of burnt fabric, and a refreshing lack of pineapple.

Free complimentary garlic bread on all orders over 10 lira.

Thank you for the glowing review. I wonder though, is there such thing as non-free complimentary garlic bread? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo. View Post
Would you at least consider doing special pineapple orders for pineapple lovers such as me and Steph?
No

Steph Da First, once again I must compliment you on your outstanding story-telling!! Next time we enrich the ears of my neighbours with your many notes and my few but well-articulated notes, we should play something by an Italian composer and record it for this thread.

Quote:
Is pizza express worth it? Is it fast enough to advertise itself as express? These are the burning questions upon which I end this New Year.
Having now dined there yourself, I would say you are suitably qualified to answer this yourself! Though I do enjoy the alternate title Pizza Distress as Steph Da First mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo. View Post
I was worried that no one has had Italian during this festive period. We had pasta(not made by me) the other day but I couldn't have any because I felt very sick. Oh, the rage, the frustration! I have been deprived of Italian food(and cigarettes) all through Christmas, and was forced to 'enjoy' the traditional British Christmas Dinner. Yuck.
I'm so sorry to hear you have not had sufficient access to Italian cuisine over the festive period, an imminent visit to Pizza Distress sounds like a suitable remedy for this!

I would like to say that when I cooked my pasta this evening there was a strong smell of burning but both my pasta and the oven glove showed no signs of burning, I am deeply confused and require support.

Old 30-12-2015, 11:14 PM   #79
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
Then you'll have to have a pineapple pizza support thread too.
Great prediction from me right here

Old 03-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #80
Gordon.
Tanquergay

I am currently:

Put a pizza in the oven. What could go wrong?

(well I don't have an oven, it's a grill, so there's one thing that could go awfully wrong)

Founder of: Capstealy avoidance method 3 aka The Steph Da First Method

The picture above was kindly created by Sentient Treacle (leafy girl)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)