RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
Everything Inside

I am currently:
"Be more sensitive with my son"

This story made me feel sick to be human.

I think people are disgusting and it makes me angry because 'children' are always circled in to the same groups, when there can be perfectly good explanations like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...passerbys.html

Blink 182
"With All Of This I Know Now,
Everything Inside Of My Head.
It All Just goes To Show How Nothing I Know Changes Me At All."

All Of This

Everything Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

i agree people can be mean. but any two year world getting in your way when shopping (blind or sighted) is annoying. kids are ment to be in the trolley or holding the parents hand...the amount of kids i have tripped over, ran into me, knocing things of shelves etc etc is highly annoying and at times dangerous. the fact the child is blind doesnt mean he should be allowed to walk around and get under peoples feet. he is still a two year old boy !

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Rhuben
I call it dreaming... they call it madness.

I am currently:

I think some people are just rude by default, it doesn't matter whether it was a blind child or a blind elderly person holding them up. They'd still have been rude.

That said their actions are still revolting.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money.
They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

The Dark Knight

Rhuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Everything Inside

I am currently:

Well I was never put in the trolly as a child. I walked next to mum or stood with the trolly, even go across the isle to grab something for my mum. But i was always under servalence by my mother, who would say "look behind you" "watch that man" to teach me to be vigilant.

I just think its disgusting because he has a stick etc. people don't seem to understand what they represent.

Blink 182
"With All Of This I Know Now,
Everything Inside Of My Head.
It All Just goes To Show How Nothing I Know Changes Me At All."

All Of This

Everything Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Blindness is not the issue here, just a lot of rude and selfish adults.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Violet Shaped Blood

I am currently:

My mum told me never to stare or point at people with a disability.
I also got told never to whisper about them and if I wanted to know something to ask them.
If I seen a blind kid with a stick oviously Id know hes blind and its not a toy but If I didnt id just ask the mother.
Better than whispering behind there back isnt it?

Im here if anyone needs to talk.

Im the nicest girl youll ever meet.
Until you cross my lines

Violet Shaped Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Billy!

I am currently:

I know, some people are so rude and judgmental, they don't really understand any sort of disability. It's pathetic really.

You're mad, bonkers, off your head.
But let me tell you something; All the best people are-Alice in wonderland.

All hail the almighty google!
Minnie_Mouse and Saxophone are my fellow wise searchers <3

Billy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
insidemyhead
time traveller

I am currently:

People are very judgemental i've been treated badly because of my physical problems and mental health when its obvious. Like if im walking slow because of back or chest pain, i've been pushed past and glared at tuts its just disgusting, id never be that way with someone else particularly a little lad he looks so sweet and its obvious when some people are blind, i wouldnt get annoyed id be gentle and make sure i dont stun him or move him and unstabalise him. I know thats a judgement in its own way but its the way i am, i've worked with kids with such needs and cant help myself think like that. I get frustrated with little kids when parents dont control them or keep them close, like last week i was in a cafe with hot tea in my hand and there was little kids running all around me getting in the way and i was terrified the tea would spill on them. I get frustrated in that scenario when kids could get hurt but other than that no problem.

I hate the way people can judge people so young its not healthy to bring up kids with such judgement its what leads to self esteem and worth problems. Judgements as such is whats wrong with people.

“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”

insidemyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Billy!

I am currently:

Exactly my point, people don't think that there might be problems behind people walking slowly or things like that, A few months ago I was out with my friend and was pushing her along in a wheelchair, we got a load of nasty looks and comments because people just assumed that we were just 2 teenagers messing around when really she'd just had a major operation and wasn't allowed to walk very far. Or with my sister who has tourettes syndrome, people don't think about that though, they just see a gobby teenager.
People need to open their minds.

You're mad, bonkers, off your head.
But let me tell you something; All the best people are-Alice in wonderland.

All hail the almighty google!
Minnie_Mouse and Saxophone are my fellow wise searchers <3

Billy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
digupherbones

I am currently:

I think we're all guilty of being to quick to judge or to make assumptions about people when we don't have all the facts.

I work in a theatre box office and I can quite quickly get annoyed with customers on the phone because they are mumbling or just don't seem to be listening. Of course they then explain that they are hard of hearing and I instantly feel awful and go bright red (luckily, being on the phone, they can't see that).

I think we all need to give ourselves more time to think when it comes to others.

Allie x

digupherbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Embles

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88shelz View Post
i agree people can be mean. but any two year world getting in your way when shopping (blind or sighted) is annoying. kids are ment to be in the trolley or holding the parents hand...the amount of kids i have tripped over, ran into me, knocing things of shelves etc etc is highly annoying and at times dangerous. the fact the child is blind doesnt mean he should be allowed to walk around and get under peoples feet. he is still a two year old boy !

And the rest of the time when hes not in a shop? Oh no, how dare a mother let her child walk! Christ. Im sorry but you see two year olds walking with their mother all the time, they are smaller and walk slower, get over it.

We’ve got obsessions
I want to erase every nasty thought that bugs me every day of every week
We’ve got obsessions
You never tell me what it is that makes you strong and what it is that makes you weak.

Embles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
Confused_Reality

I work with children with disabilities so I have quite a lot of experience of prejudice off the public.

One situation that I remember vividly was being in a bowling alley with 5 children with disabilities, four of whom are mildly autistic and present as fairly 'normal'. However the 5th child has a facial deformity. So there we were, enjoying our game when a mother with two children comes onto the lane next to us, types all there names in and begins their game without even glancing across. A few minutes later she notices the child with the facial disformity, takes her kids to the help desk and demands that they are given a different lane away from us. Meanwhile we are left with a very upset little girl asking 'Is my face that bad that people dont want to look at me?'

Its absolutely disgusting.

Confused_Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #13

Aren't blindness canes supposed to have a red end or is that just in the states?

Regardless, the people shoving this poor kid around are the blind ones.

10001110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)