RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
~Emilie~
--->FAT<---

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - "I'm an EMO"...apparently. :(

Heya. I've been self-harming for years on and off and have these last few months started again as a lot of bad things are going on in my life. When I do it, it doesn't hurt...does anyone else feel that? Anyway, I told my friend about 3 days ago now and I don't even know why I told her but I just felt I had to tell someone. So I told her I'd cut myself...she instantly thought I'd meant by accident so I tried to explain to her...she absolutley freaked and started shouting at me saying I'm stupid and trying to be an emo. She said that I'm crazy and it's only going to make my problems worse. She said I was an idiot and attention seeking and since then she hasn't spoken to me...I tried to explain to her after how it made me feel and why I felt I needed to do it but she's not speaking to me. I feel so,so stupid now because I know she's not going to keep in to herself and aswell as all the other crap going on,my friend now thinks I'm crazy. It makes sence to me and I was hoping she'djust listen and try to give me support. Now she wants nothing to do with me, like she's embarassed about me. I cut deep a few days ago and tried to tell her, hoping she'd at least listen the second time after some time to think and she screamed at me. I thought so carefully about telling her and thought it'd be the right thing to do and now I just think how stupid I was. I feel more alone and more of an out-cast than ever. I know that other people do it, and I completely understand why...I personally can not possibly see how anyone could attempt to get through their problems without SI.
I just want someone to talk to about my problems and someone to listen to me and not judge me. I know it's shocking when you first hear it but your friends are meant to be there for you and listen aren't they? I just want everything to be ok and for someone to hug me and let me cry and talk to them. I know SI isn't good, but I can't see anyother way. I also feel so guilty about lying to my friends and family, but after my friends reaction, I don't see I have any other choice.
What do you think?

Take care everyone,
Emilie
xxx

<3 Emilie <3

~Emilie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
ThisVanity
Happiness...More or Less...

I am currently:

(edited)

Last edited by typsee : 30-09-2007 at 03:38 AM.
ThisVanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
small light
=GodBless=

I am currently:

*hugs* lots of hugs for you firstly, it's not a good starter to telling your friends about it. I'm sorry that she reacted like that and hope you can forgive her. When everyone only sees cutting and self-harm in the media as an emo thing, you can't blame them for reacting like that. It's just ignorance

Also, I think you should still keep trying to let others know. That doesn't mean shout it from the rooftops and mention it to every person you meet, but family can be so important for healing. When it's kept all to yourself then it's even harder to let you *more hugs* Keep yourself safe and remember that everyone reacts differently :) I hope you can talk to her soon

small light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
~Emilie~
--->FAT<---

I am currently:

Thanks for the hug. x

What does all that mean?...

<3 Emilie <3

Old 30-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #5
~Emilie~
--->FAT<---

I am currently:

Thanks smalllight. (:
I know it's reflected as an 'emo' thing to do in the media but I was so hurt that my friend didn't seem to care enough about me to even stop and ask why and what's wrong. Of course i will forgove her, I just hope she'll talk to me again.
I would like my family to know, but I think if I told them they would be so shocked an embarrased. My little brother's couldn't know, definately not my step dad (he's awful) so it'd just be my mum and I'd be so scared if she reacted badly she's one of the only things good in my life right nw.
Thanks for the support sweetie.
xxx

<3 Emilie <3

Old 30-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #6
small light
=GodBless=

I am currently:

It's quite tricky when litter brothers and sisters are involved, but trust your mum and that she will be able to help you :) it may be good for you and supportive to let someone else know. I told my mum about 4 years ago (which was one of the most embaressing/awkard/sickening moments of my life) and it took her time to understand it. She's still learning about S.I. but she is amazing and it's helped me begin to stop. I couldnt understand coping without it, but others really can help :)

small light is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)