Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 AM   #1
xXMessedUpXx
And broken once more

I am currently:
checking in after several years awol

Hey,

I used to post on RYL quite a lot, mainly whilst i was really ill and needed the support. The journals were a great source of venting for me. I've just read through all my posts. Back then i was so very depressed and hopeless. I;d just been diagnised with bipolar, i;d lost my job, i never thought i;d work again and i was in an abusive realtionship. Looking back i never thought it would ever get better. I;ve now been self harm free for 3 years.

I've now been at my job for 5 years (only part time anymore triggers bipolar episodes), which to say i never thought i'd work again has been something i never thought i;d achieve. They;ve been really good with making adjustments so i can continue working.

I met my parter 3 years ago and compared to my ex he;s a godsend. He understands my mental illness and he supports me. Years ago i didnt have that and i never thought i would get anywhere close to meeting someone who was right for me.

I'm looking back on my entries and back then i was suidical. I ddn;t want to live. That's now changed. I want to live more than ever. I want a future with my partner. I want to live life to the full.

I feel like i;ve been given a second chance and grateful for the fact i didn;t off myself when i had chance.

I'm not posting this to gloat, but because i want everyone else on here to have a good life. To know that even in the darkest of times, theres still a chance of things to get better. If you'd told me that 6 years ago id have laughed in your face. I never thought i;d have a future. I'm thankful RYL was around back then as it gave me amazing support and a safe place to vent when i needed to. To everyone here i hope you get your happy ending

Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up

xXMessedUpXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
wildly insane

I am currently:

so pleased to hear things are so much better, I have a similar story and thank you for sharing.

"I am me and me is good enough if I would only be it openly"

wildly insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That's great to hear, I'm glad things are working out for you.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #4
Kathryn_Anna
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you! :)

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay," I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say "I know you're not."

Kathryn_Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #5
sparklyshoes
Sheer

I am currently:

well done :) and I'm glad things have turned out right for you xx

sparklyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)