Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 13-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
Derpy
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

No I haven't seen a GP/doctor for three reasons:
A. It's obviously self-harm
B. Last time I went to the doctors they teamed up with my abusive mother to put extreme pressure on me to get a referral to the mental health services for my anorexia
C. I've basically disappeared as far as the medical profession, the whole of the NHS and mental health services can see. I moved to uni and refused to tell them where it was. What county it was in even.
I have no desire to be found

Old 13-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
ajrocks

I am currently:

Ok fair enough.
I have nothing else to add then.
hope you take care ajrocks

"And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off."

"What others think of me is none of my business".

Old 13-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #23
Gone.

I don't really understand the reason for this thread if you are so against getting any support for your self-harm etc.. You must want something if you posted it?

If you don't want to see a doctor or MH services, that's your call. You are in charge of your life and you are old enough to take responsibility for your own decisions. No one can force you to do anything if you have the ability to think things through clearly.

If you want someone to talk to, have you considered counselling at the university? You're already registered on the uni system so no identification problems there and lots of students self-harm, so they're unlikely to take it further due to confidentiality.

Left.

Old 13-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #24
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy View Post
*sighs* I guess I'm not gonna get treatment for my hand and wrist then. Caused by self harm and it's having a lasting effect on me.
Unless someone here can tell me how to avoid being sectioned completely, or, if I do get sectioned, how to escape
How unlikely it is is irrelevant as of now.
This is an irresponsible post in my opinion. It is not fair to let people know that you have self-harmed, and are in pain, but are not prepared to take any responsibility for that and seek medical treatment.

You have posted your original question in so many other threads on other groups on here, abuse and bullying support, serious discussion, eating disorders etc and you always get the same answers. I really don't understand what you are looking for?

Sir Phillip: Veg-a-ta-pal extraordinaire!

Old 13-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #25
Derpy

I am currently:

The point of this thread is to see if I can get physical treatment for the possible nerve damage. But without the threat of the mental health services. Without them pressuring me, threatening me or coercion of any kind. They frequently use threats to keep people in their psychiatric "care"
So unless someone can give me a way to avoid these people and their "care" I will continue to refuse to seek physical care for my wrist

Old 13-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #26
Derpy

I am currently:

And no. I have not harmed damagingly in over a week. So it's not an unfair post

Old 13-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #27
Serendipity.
fabulous.

But EVERYONE who has replied has told you that you won't be sectioned or forced into treatment. If you're going to completely disregard what everyone is saying then why bother asking?

Anyway, you have been mentioning your hand for a while, so I'm guessing that it is an old injury that is causing the issues? In which case, it will be even less of an issue.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Old 13-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #28
Gone.

It's up to you whether you seek physical care for your wrist, Derpy. None of us can make that decision or take responsibility for that for you. If you need treatment, you need to get it seen to. If you don't want it, that's your call. None if us can tell you for sure whether or not you'll be seen by a mental health professional but if you are not a current risk to yourself, so to speak, you can refuse. I have discharged myself before seeing MH professionals before and nothing happened. The only time they will 'threaten' you with police or sectioning is if you cannot guarantee your own safety.

If you don't get support, please don't place that responsibility upon us. It's not ours. We've all had to make painful and difficult decisions as the result of self-harm and I can relate to not wanting the MH services involved but if you need treatment, you need treatment, and there's no getting away from that. Unfortunately, you have to accept the consequences for your actions if you have hurt yourself and require medical attention. None of us can do that for you.

Left.

Old 13-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #29
chinahorse

I am currently:

How can you know they 'frequently use threats' if, correct me if I'm wrong, you haven't been under services/ haven't recently been under services?

From someone who has had extensive experience of the mental health act in relation to self harm you have to literally be at the point of IMMEDIATELY dropping dead in the street before they even think about a section (in the absence of other issues). And despite the immediate risk of death over my head I was only sectioned due to non compliance with medical treatment.

As I see it, you don't want help. If you did you would have sought it and found ways around revealing your identity. Which is not impossible to do. At the end of the day you are an adult, noone can stop you from walking out mid appointment if you desire (unless you are sectionable which if you did ANY research on you would have a reasonable idea of when this was and was not a possibility). Take responsibility for your actions, read and take in the advice given or don't. Your choice.

Last edited by chinahorse : 13-11-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

Old 13-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #30
Derpy

I am currently:

Yeah yeah. Because of all the people I help? Frequently threatened with impatient psychiatric "care" if they try to get away from the mental health services

Old 13-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #31
Gone.

It's nothing to do with how many people you help. It's to do with you, your help. If you want help you can get help. If you don't want help, don't make other people feel guilty for that. You either want to get the wrist seen to or you don't. It's not that complicated. Please don't try to guilt trip anybody on here.

You asked a question, it was answered. If you have worries or concerns, state them and we will attempt to support you or listen to them as best we can.

We've told you what we know to be true. We can't do any more than that. You must take responsibility for your actions, Derpy.

Left.

Old 13-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #32
chinahorse

I am currently:

Quote:
Yeah yeah. Because of all the people I help? Frequently threatened with impatient psychiatric "care" if they try to get away from the mental health services
So once again you acknowledge none of the other helpful advice.

Old 13-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #33
Derpy

I am currently:

Hmm. :/ the advice you give is not supported by what I've seen in the people I've helped. What I've seen of the mental health services through the people I help is "do what we want willingly or we lock you up and force it upon you"

Old 13-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #34
Gone.

But you asked for advice and we gave it to you. If you know better, that's great and you will have different experiences to us but from our experiences, sectioning is a last resort. It happens when you've exhausted all other options and when you are a risk to yourself completely. If you need treatment, you need to seek it, rather than argue pointlessly on here.

Left.

Old 13-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #35
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine. View Post
If you need treatment, you need to seek it, rather than argue pointlessly on here.
Nobody has given me a reliable way to avoid the mental health services yet... so I'm unwilling to go

Old 13-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #36
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Frankly, I think the people you speak to on Twitter are quite a narrow representation of the mental health services, and a fairly biased one too. Take a look at our forums, take a look at Serious Advice and Discussion, and listen to real people's stories. I've been a member of the site for over four years, and in that time I've seen Mental Health from almost every angle; as a volunteer for St John, as a Supporter, as a patient through GP, A&E and secondary care services, and as a friend of someone who was incredibly poorly with mental health problems (who despite being a serious a sustained danger to herself, was not sectioned or even admitted to hospital). Take some time to learn more about the reality of the mental health services, and indeed, real people on here, and make some informed choices. I appreciate you are very anxious about contact with MH services, but you needn't be; these stories you are being told are simply not true.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 13-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #37
Gone.

We've given you all the best advice we can. If you don't want to see the MH services, tell them, or say how you got the scars in a different way (not that I would naturally recommend dishonesty). We cannot give you a 'reliable' way to not help yourself, that would go against a recovery ethos. If you don't want help, you can't be helped, so either get the treatment or don't. I don't know as we can give you a 'reliable' way to not see MH services. Just tell them.

If you are unwilling to go, that's your call. Believe what you choose to believe. We've told you what our experiences are, we can't say much more.

Left.

Old 13-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #38
chinahorse

I am currently:

Quote:
Nobody has given me a reliable way to avoid the mental health services yet... so I'm unwilling to go
Put frankly noone can or will. It would be highly irresponsible. If that is teh only information you seek and are not willing to take into account any other information the look somewhere other than this forum. Or ya know don a mustache and call yourself Jimbob.

Old 13-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #39
Derpy

I am currently:

I WANT to recover
But I do NOT need the mental health services' bulls*** "help" or "care" and I NEVER will
I will recover, but I will do it without them, which is perfectly possible.

Old 13-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #40
Gone.

So tell them that when you receive treatment, or don't get treatment. No one can force you to do anything that you don't want to do.

Left.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)