RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #21
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

Yeah, I went to a chinese all you can eat once and accidentally ate meat, and I was horrendously sick!

OneForSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #22
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I tried being a vegetarian for a little bit and got so so sick. It's not right for everyone and people shouldn't shame others for doing what they can where they are with what they have.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
I tried being a vegetarian for a little bit and got so so sick. It's not right for everyone and people shouldn't shame others for doing what they can where they are with what they have.
THIS.
I get very defensive if anyone tries to guilt me about not being vegetarian any more, because it was such a hard decision for me to make, and ain't nobody got time for anyone who doesn't agree that my recovery was important enough to justify temporarily eat meat.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #24
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I am veggie.

I have actually nothing against humans eating meat, I do believe we are designed to. It's more the amount of meat people eat and the farming industry I have issues with. That said, although theoretically I have no problem with eating wild rabbit, I've been veggie for so long that it would just feel totally weird for me to eat it.

To answer the original question : I probably would eat meat occasionally if it was damaging my health not to. But it would be wild/free range/organic if I did.

The only other circumstance in which I eat meat is to avoid offending someone.
Most people know I am veggie, but if they didnt and I went to someone's house for dinner and they had cooked me meat I would probably eat it because they've gone to the effort of cooking for me. For example my uncle was going out with an Albanian Muslim girl and when we went to visit her whole family were there and not many spoke much English and they were pushing food at us and so I ate one or two of the spring rolls which had meat in just to avoid upsetting them.

Equally I feel like a bit of what I don't know won't hurt so I'm not too picky about cheeses which aren't veggie etc. if buying it myself I always go for veggie ones, but if I am served it by a friend I don't go asking to see the packet and refuse to eat it.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #25
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
I know it's definitely been an issue with me the few times I've accidentally had dairy, so I would assume it would be the same with meant and would take some getting used to and starting out slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForSorrow View Post
Yeah, I went to a chinese all you can eat once and accidentally ate meat, and I was horrendously sick!
That makes sense, I guess when introducing a pretty big change to your system it might be a good idea to start out slowly.

I don't think people should make anyone guilty for whatever diet they choose to have. Especially as people can really find those sorts of decisions very hard to make, as Jenna mentioned.

I think sometimes vegetarians and vegans get a bit of a bad name for being hell fire and brimstone sort of preachy about their beliefs, I suppose it's another case of some members of a group giving a bit of a bad name for the rest.

I always try to make the point that although I feel it's wrong for me to eat meat, I don't believe it's wrong for others to do so. I'd not like to be judged for my choice of diet so naturally I'd not judge others for theirs.

BridgesAndBalloons is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)