RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
April_xx

I am currently:
Delayed reactios.

Hi,

I've been trying to bring myself to post this for a few days, but i'm finding it really hard to try and explain what's going on, but i'll try my best.

I posted about my car accident a few weeks ago, although I think it's starting to affect me more than I ever thought. I had surgery the same week as my accident, and I think i'm having a delayed emotional reaction to the events that happened a few weeks ago. The accident happened on the way back from therapy, and now i'm starting to not trust myself in a car.

I've been extremely on edge since the accident happened. I feel really scared inside, and start shaking when I think about it. I keep reliving what happened in my head, although I try and stop this, it still happens. I see it and hear it; it's horrible and I don't know how to deal with it. I still have bad whiplash, and going to mention it to my doctor again when I see her in a few weeks. I haven't got back in the car since, as i've had also had surgery and can't drive at the moment.

I keep having nightmares about car accidents. I just can't seem to get away from it, and it scares me.

I'm not sure why this is happening, or what it is.

I've feeling more and more disconnected with myself lately, and that also confuses me. I can't even really explain how I feel when it happens. It's like i'm not here;I don't know where I am, but i'm not with it.

I'm just quite scared, and feel quite a lonely.

The surgery has also affected me; and I can't explain why. I'm so tearful, so irrational - I just don't know what's going on.

Thank you for listening/reading - it really does mean a lot.

x

April_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 06-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Ailsa
Works Nights as Amateur Superhero

I am currently:

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so scared and confused. I'm also sorry that I don't really have any words of wisdom or magic get well potions, but I do have some hugs, sympathy and chit-chat if you'd like any of those :)

Take care, big hugs xx

"And sometimes when our fights begin,
I think I'll let the Dragons win...
And then I think perhaps I won't,
Because they're Dragons, and I don't."

A. A. Milne - Now We Are Six

Ailsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Petite Souris

I am currently:

I'm sorry that your accident is having such awful effects on you. It is completely understandable that you're feeling like this after an accident.

I think you should go see a doctor. To me it really sounds like post traumatic stress, which I think people can get after car accidents.
At least I think you need to get support as soon as you can if you haven't already.

Hope you'll be okay

Petite Souris is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)