RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #1
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:
Everybody please

Was watching the last leg, which Australia gets on tv.
One message really stood out to me
Everybody, please, get your flu shot.
I'm not kidding, having seen it sweep through a ward, having had it myself despite having had the shot in may, leading to a week off in a new job, the sickest I've ever been, having watched my normally healthy unvaccinated mother fight with it for 12 weeks, having watched patients be sent to ICU or have weeks added to their stay due to deconditioning, having watched news article after news article talk about the rising death toll, you guys seriously need to get it.
Yeah I didn't escape being hit with it, but I was sick for a shorter length of time, and I honestly believe I may have been hospitalized if I hadn't been vaccinated.
If your own health isn't incentive enough, your elderly loved ones or your children are at risk. Australia was considering MANDATORY flu vaccination for aged care workers. An eight year old girl DIED from flu complications.
So, I'm asking all my British and American RYL friends to please at least consider it. It has been a terrible flu season.
Please.

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
Kahlia1981
Call me Kahlia please

I am currently:

I know this is a bit late, but I was in SACU when the flu hit us up here. The local hospital had two wards they completely dedicated to flu sufferers and the three private rooms in SACU were given to patients with the flu. All workers who interacted with them had to wear masks and aprons to try and keep themselves from getting ill. Full contamination procedures were in place for those patients. Take the flu seriously.

She shouts, she screams, she smashes your dreams . . .
Would you mind if I killed you? Would you mind if I tried to?
'Cause you have turned into my worst enemy,
You carry hate that I don't feel: It's over now
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

* Proud Plumeria Sister * My Support Thread * I got lei'd in vets *
* My RYL Family: big brother Doikers; little sisters MammaMia & flutterby butterfly *

Kahlia1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)