RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-02-2008, 12:29 AM   #1
Deepest Blue
Every RYL Individual Is Special

I am currently:
How Do You View Depression??

After my own experiences, I don't see depression as an enemy any longer. Depression is instead an energy from which I've made great changes in my life, and written some my best songs, and stories. When depression comes it's more like a warm blanket rather than an oppressive shroud. It is a sign of when I am doing something wrong, and an outlet for my creativity.

Depression has also been the inspiration for some the greatest artists of all time. Just try and tell me that Bach, or Picasso weren't depressed. They took this energy and focused it into something positive.

What do you think on this subject??

Thank you for reading..x

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Deepest Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 01:30 AM   #2
mesmerized.
hannah.

It always amazes me how so many of the greatest people who've lived have suffered from depression / mental illness, and how many amazing creations have come out of it. I think perhaps I'd make the distinction between anguish and depression, though. Orr maybe that's just me, but I find that when I'm at my absolute lowest there is no 'energy', there is no inspiration, there is nothing really. It's dull and monotonous and it prevents my stupid brain from working properly so that it's damn hard to even get by in school, never mind write anything expressive, that I actually like. It pretty much prevents me from doing anything useful.

I must say, I rather envy those people who find their depression a source of inspiration.

mesmerized. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
Divine.Night
All the Rage

I am currently:

I work the same way you do. I feel that the only time I truly know how to express myself is when I am depressed. For some reason that's when I understand myself the most. It's also when I feel I have the most creativity flowing. And you're right, the most inspiring and famous artists, were suffering from depression

Just Run....

Divine.Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
Dicky T

"Depression has also been the inspiration for some the greatest artists of all time. Just try and tell me that Bach, or Picasso weren't depressed. They took this energy and focused it into something positive."

My best work comes out of the times I'm really in a bad state, it does seem to make me a great deal more creative, which, in some ways makes me want to stay depressed, and keep on writing.
It's a horrible, horrible cycle.

Dicky!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)