Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
x1v16
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:
I just need some support

*sighs*

I'm just feeling horrible lately. I've been sitting in this corner of the building so I can be all by myself for the last 2 weeks and I'm lonely as hell but I can't make myself be social at work anymore cause I'm feeling down and insecure all the time. A coworker asked me why i didn't sit near them anymore today and I told them I'd been feeling like a loner lately and they realized that meant I'd been feeling down and I just wanted to escape the situation as fast as possible.

I guess some of the main things I've been experiencing lately are:

1. I've been feeling overweight and gross. I probably weigh 250 now, that's like a 50 pound increase in like 2 years. Part of that might be medication side effect, but it's also due to my much less active life style. I've been wanting to be more active for monthes now but it's hard in winter.

2. I can't get anything done. Chores I've been meaning to do for 2-3 weeks are left undone and I can't seem to do anything.

3. I go to work very grudgingly, I just wish I could stay in bed, and while I'm at work I just do the asbolute minimum I need to get by. Sometimes I need to take longer breaks than I should because I'm not feeling well or I need a breather to relax or something.

I just feel crappy today and I'm posting this at work so any advice or support i could get today would help me get through the day. I plan to call a counselor next week and get an apointment cause I'm not seeing one currently. I'm also hoping if I do a few simple things like buy some more work clothes, get a hair cut, and enlist my parents in helping me get over this slump, that I'll be feeling better in a week or two.

x1v16 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 22-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
mi92186
God Bless

Well, you are doing a good thing by seeking out help. You seem to really have a handle on some things that you need to do. Good for you! In the interim, why don't you try positive self talk? I know it can sound stupid-talking to yourself, but it really helps. Tell yourself that you are a good person and that you will get through this. And make yourself sit with people at work. You may not feel like it but it will really help to be social. And just make yourself do things. I know it can be very difficult ot get up and actually do your chores, but if you do, you will feel better when you are done. Focus on that. As for feeling fat, get a friend to work out with you. You are so much more likely to work out if oyu have a friend to urge you on. Good luck and God bless, hun!

mi92186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Hey Will,

Sometimes when I find things are getting hard, I find it useful to try and do something nice for myself and plan to do nice things for myself every day. It can really help just to get your mood up a notch and from there, give you more motivation to do more good things for yourself, and more things you have to get done; including those chores you mentioned

Especially if you're finding work a bit tedious and hard right now, plan to do something nice afterwards so you can get through the hard stuff with a reward.

Making an appointment to see a counsellor when you get home is a great idea, well done :)

You're right; sometimes it is just the simple things you need to do to get by the hard times, try to make a list of them too and acknowledge when you do something good, and how it makes you feel.

In regards to the list of things you have to do, I really think tackling some of those chores would be a great place to start. Here is a really handy link to help you overcome the procrastination and some good tips.

Best Wishes!
Aimee xo

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)