RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #481
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

you think next season will tell what occurred during that six months, or things that go on afterwards?

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #482
SuicidalDreams
It's just him, it's only him

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_Good View Post
you think next season will tell what occurred during that six months, or things that go on afterwards?
Maybe?

All i can say this picture says it all about john barrowman
I had to add that in also, i think i love kai so much, because both of that is true :D

Favourite torchwood quote
Ianto: Would now be a good time to tell you i lost the car?
Jack: You did what?!
Gwen: That is just bloody spectacular!

SuicidalDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #483
happywondering
выродок

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidalDreams View Post
remeber the story at the end was set in 6months. it could be all built, cos the found jacks vortex muniplater
Gwen said she found it in the rubble/ruins of the hub

Never forget what you are for the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

happywondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #484
SuicidalDreams

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happywondering View Post
Gwen said she found it in the rubble/ruins of the hub
True, but they could rebuild it? anythings possible

Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #485
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

Let's face it. they have taken us completely by surprise by this run of episodes.
It was just mind blowing from start to finish.
We can't guess what would happen in Torchwood in the future and any attempts to do so will be futile. Because anything we think of will pale in comparison to what they will come up with.

Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Old 11-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #486
SuicidalDreams

I am currently:

I am totally pissed at people :/ im on an rip ianto jones group on facebook and they want to boycott buying the dvd, does anyone think they should?

Old 11-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #487
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

[I'm aware this post may be unpopular, but it's my views I guess, so what the hell]

I'm sorry, but, I did NOT like this torchwood. I think the presented the 'junkie aliens' completely wrong, if they were going to go with the whole junkie theme. Killing Ianto and THEN gettign jack to kill his own grandson? (in a series like this, i think killign children violently on screen shoudltn happen. it wouldnt in Dr who) it's worse than the Tosh/owen thing. Also the way the killed ianto off? lets see, they can't even see the alien, and we cant see whats killing him, and its nto really at all heroic (apart form trying to shoot the glass I guess).

I think it wasn't a very good storyline, and it will be a very unpopular story-line too. Doesn't RTD realise if you kill everyone off, its liek startign the whole thing again?

The death squad (who we still dont really knwo who/what they are) suddenly becomeing 'good' and the woman who shot that doctor buying Jacks daughter a cup of tea? and THEN goign abck to wanting to offer steven as a sacrifice?

The only bit that was done 'right' was the human elements of it - i.e. the emotion showed, frobesha killign is family, gwen + rhys' relationship, and I think thats more down to the actors than anything.

More than just a little dissapointed. I thought things like this were meant to make you want to watch the next series? Because I'm not sure I do, if it's going to be written like that.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #488
SuicidalDreams

I am currently:

Ofcourse they wouldnt do it in doctor who, doctor who is for kids, torchwoods adult orientended

Old 11-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #489
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow

I am currently:

Adam and Connie's commentary was amusing... The gun thing was obvious though as soon as he left the office...

Not really sure what to say right now... I think they basically have just killed off Torchwood as we know it... I agree with some of Purple Rain's comments... the Alien was not particually fearsome. There seemed to be little threat to the human race as a whole. Compare it with Dr Who - the Sontarons, Darleks, Cybermen, and Toclafane -, at least in Dr Who there appears to be a plausible threat. Yes, the Alien might release gases but it seemed to be on its own. If there was some credible threat being posed by the 456, Earth would not have survived the 6 months that it did so we can conclude that the 456 was basically acting alone: An easy target for an Earth with technology such as that shown during the Sycorax Invasion (big alien 'laser')

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #490
Puppet Strings
commonplace.

Ugh.
I hated it.
They've completely ruined Torchwood.
It started off really well, I was getting into it, and then they go and deplete the team even further by killing Ianto - briefly too and with little aftermath, if you think about how Tosh & Owen went out. Jack kills his own grandson, and then buggers off. Yes, I can see why he buggered off, he always has done, but I thought he'd changed.
Torchwood can't go on, at least not in the same way, and it feels like the end of it.

I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright

:heart:

Puppet Strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #491
Cathy
Stunned

I am currently:

i really liked it.
but i've never seen torchwood before.

How far can you send emotions?

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #492
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Ofcourse they wouldnt do it in doctor who, doctor who is for kids, torchwoods adult orientended
I don't think that's quite true. Doctor who isn't 'for kids' it's been around for so long, that people who did watch it when they were kids now have grandkids of their own, and if they aimed the program soley at kids, they wuold lose their audience. SJA is for kids I belive, not Doctor who. I do agree that torchwood is less suited to kids than adults (yet i had quite an in-depth discussion with a two 9 year olds about torchwood), but I still stand by what I said. A lot of what they did was unecessary, Killing kids violently on screen may be suitable for Films/TV drama's with a point to them (and that are realisitc, no sci-fi) but in sci-fi, then no. It doesnt ahceive anythign excpet depress the veiwer. In my oppinion programs liek torchwood, with a sci-fi theme, should be for peopel to enjoy, or horrors (liek alien vs predator etc, yes i know thats a film) no somewhere vaguely in between.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

Old 12-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #493
Feel_Good_inc.

I am currently:

^granted, but it is for family viewing, meaning they have to make it knowing that children will probably be watching it.
whereas torchwood is on after the watershed and made just for adult viewing. Thats why most of the characters were having sex with each other during the first couple of seasons.

06.November.2011

Old 12-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #494
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

I though it was good, well until the alien was using kids for drugs it kinda lost its apeal and made them less scary.

But with nealy all the original characters killed off it will be hard to see how the show will redeem itself.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #495
happywondering
выродок

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Angel View Post
I though it was good, well until the alien was using kids for drugs it kinda lost its apeal and made them less scary.

But with nealy all the original characters killed off it will be hard to see how the show will redeem itself.
I thought the fact that they were using the kids for drugs made it more scary in some way

Never forget what you are for the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

happywondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #496
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
I thought the fact that they were using the kids for drugs made it more scary in some way
I think it could have done, if they'd done it right. I find the Bernados (i think? a chidlrens charity) advert, with the girl who turns to drug in it, more scary.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)