RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
pixiedust_11

I am currently:
Student Finance 2012/13.

Hey guys, quick question for University students. Does anyone know when the deadline is for applying for next year? I'm a first year student and need to re-apply for next year, but something awful in my gut is telling me that I've missed the deadline.

Does anyone know when it has to be done by?

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

I've not done it yet, I don't think there is a deadline (I could be wrong, but I don't remember there being a deadline). You just go onto the website and re-apply.

*makes mental note to do this*

EDIT: just checked the website and you can still apply

QK <3

On.My.Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

for first year it's sometime in april but not sure when... it's soon though. FOr other years it's the end of May or something. However, you can apply late, it just means that you might get your first payment a little late

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

if you mean you applying for your second year then you have plenty of time, the only open in around april for the next years session.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Oh thank God. So I haven't missed it then? Someone told me it was 4th April or something, so you can imagine the panic in my mind!

Thanks guys :) I always hate doing student finance. The first time I completely died the night before and had to get my friend to come over late at night to do it for me. Hope it's a little easier next time round.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

Old 17-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

Yeah it should be fine m'love Let me know if you need any help at all. <3

QK <3

Old 17-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

The 4th of april might be when it opens again for applications or when last year session closed, but you defiantly have plenty of time to reapply.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Old 17-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Thanks guys :)

Yes I probably will end up asking you several questions Ami, but it'll all be for a good cause, i.e. me not being homeless or foodless next year lol

Old 17-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
Gone.

There are different deadlines according to whether you are getting the loan means tested. If you are getting a standard loan, the deadline is later. Good luck getting it done! I'm still motivating myself to sort it!

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

My loan was means tested the first time, but none of my circumstances have changed so does that mean I'm just applying for a standard one this time?

Old 17-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
The One Who

I am currently:

No, you'd apply again for the means-tested one. They may not check on your parents' finances though.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #12
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

:/ Freaking out I've missed the deadline, even though you've all reassured me I haven't.

Gah. Can't believe I've left it smack bang in the middle of one of the busiest weeks of my Uni year right now.

Oh well, will have to try and man up and do it. May end up trolling this thread for help though!

Old 17-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #13
offlineforever
Left RYL

Hey, don't worry about missing the deadline, it just means it will take longer to hear back about it all.

Last edited by offlineforever : 18-04-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: I apparently haven't missed the deadline

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #14
offlineforever
Left RYL

Erm, the deadline is the 29th June 2012?

Here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_200473.pdf

Left.

Old 18-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #15
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

Steph, love, just fill it out this week and you can ring me or fb or anything to ask me about anything you're unsure of. Don't worry - it's altight <4

QK <3

Old 18-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #16
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

I not sure how we can help you fill it in, i mean its basically what your parents earn :/

Old 18-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
offlineforever
Left RYL

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it's all done online isn't it? And if things haven't changed you don't need to fill in any other forms do you?

Steph, you need to log onto Student Finance and start the application really.

Left.

Old 18-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #18
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Yeah I know I think I'll start it today. I'm just one of those people who doesn't like to start something if it's gonna panic me, because last time it stressed me out big time. And it had nothing to do with the part about what my parents earned really, it was only because there were so many silly parts I just didn't understand at all.

Thank you Ami, I've heard it's easier the second time round but if that's the case I'll give you a text or something.

Sorry guys for being lame! I will get my derriere into gear today once I've finished my essay.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)