RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 13-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:
General Medical Question - Urgent - Painful cut

I am a very quick healer unfortunatly, but almost two weeks ago I cut my arm, its on the side of my arm on the elbow joint. Its about two and a half inches long and about 3 or 4mms wide.
It is hurting so so much, its still a scab although sometimes it bleeds and cracks open because its on my joint and always moving. Its hurting about 5 inches either direction, it hurts to move my arm, hurts when people knock my arm, the slightest touch hurts it actually.
So yes, I was wondering if anyone had any idea why its hurting so much and why its taking so long to heal.

Old 13-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Well i think that it's taking so long to heal because it's on a joint and everytime you move your arm there it will disturb the healing process sligthly. It is healing because it's scabbed, so it should heal eventually.
The pain i'm not sure about. Could it be infected?
Also, i find that cuts on joints hurt a lot more in general than others elsewhere.
Hope this helps.
Take care,
Inky x

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

Old 13-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

I've had them on the joint before, I have another one on the joint which I did on the same day and its just a scar now. It is red around the outside but it doesnt look infected.
Its just so so sore, ummm I know this is probably a good thing but I cant self harm it hurts so much- everythings building up inside me and im verging on very unsafe :/

Old 13-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #4
Aidee

I am currently:

My guess is that it is hurting because it is taking so long to heal, and because it keeps getting opened up. Are there any signs of infection, such as pus, red streaks, heat around the site, or redness/swelling that doesn't get better?

You should get some antibacterial cream, non stick gauze, and an ace wrap. Cover the entire cut with the antibacterial cream, and the put the gauze over it, and use the ace wrap the keep the whole thing on. You want to keep it covered all the time, unless you are showering/swimming/etc.

The reason the cut keeps opening is because the scab is not flexible. If you keep it covered with the antibacterial cream and gauze then it will keep the scab soft and pliable, and it won't open up any more. Once you start keeping it covered all the time it should start to heal pretty quickly.

AD
First Aid Advisor

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 17-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Thank you so much :)
Its starting to heal now :)
Thankees :)

Old 04-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

Ouch, cuts on joints take a while to heal and can be very annoying, i know you said it's healing which is good, just try to not bump it or stretch your arm excessivley.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)