RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
Arianwen

I am currently:
rapid cycling

Hi,

So, I have rapid cycling unipolar depression (unconfirmed bipolar diagnosis, I am still undergoing testing) which means my mood really does flick about, one min I'm fine, the next I am suicidal, regardless of external circumstances.

Just wondering, is anyone else like this? I feel pretty alone.

Thankee
Simon

Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
Shenanigans
Set up an IV of sanity

I am currently:

*cuddles*
I don't have this but it sounds really tough, I'm sorry you have to go through that.

I hope your testing goes well and starts up the proper support you need.
Take care
Xxxxx

You see a mouse trap
I see free cheese
And a ****ing challenge

Shenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
Arianwen

I am currently:

thank you... it's so nice to know I'm not actually alone

Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
lostandalone3
This Member is currently Banned

I have rapid cycling bi polar and it is horrible. My mood changes within mins and i dont really know if i am coming or going. Therapy and meds have helped. Are you recieving any of these?

lostandalone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
Doesnt_matter
Judith

I can relate to your post and I know how exhausting quick and extreme mood swings are.

Since some months I have extreme mood swings (from too happy to suicidal to angry back and forth all the time), too and my mood changes very quick to but I'm diagnosed as Borderline personality disordered now but I guess that's because of my further problems in friendships like being very jealous, mistrusting and because I cannot forgive easily.
I take a mood stabilizer and an AD, too.

Big hugs,
Judith

I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul. My only goal is just to be.
(Rent)

I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. (Marilyn Monroe)

Doesnt_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
svenn
i like shiny things.

I am currently:

One of my best friends can get that way. Unmedicated she cycles weekly or so, but sometimes it can be hourly. I'm not sure what she is taking now for it, but when she wasn't taking anything it helped for her just to have someone listen to her cycle through.

come and join me. then world domination.

mmmwuhahahahahahaha.

i like to commit raoh's (random acts of hugging)

HazardxToxMyselfx3 = sister
hahaugotpunked87 = fairy-god half step sister
Katiebean = pet moose
morbida = third cousin once removed

svenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
Queer Fringe
Why is the rum always gone?

I am currently:

I get like this, with me it's not so much a illness, it's me being oversensitive to things that happen...I think.xx
Take Care

The following content has been hidden - Reason : My Family :-)
Big Sisters: dereksarah I-Feel-Infinite *..life in pain..* Lil' Sister: DreamCatchMe-- Sisters: Sam7413, alyssa.star, inndigo Daddy: Strat Cousin: RandomIdiot Mummy:rainey Girlfriend + Star: Rawrk Niece: Fading Heart GodMother:life'scrap older brother: streetspirit my pet cat: beautiful&dying

<3JohnnyDepp<3
The history of the world, my love --
Is those below serving those up above!
How gratifying for once to know
That those above will serve those down below!

Queer Fringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
OrangeBracelet-x

I am currently:

I think i may have rapid-cycling something or other..
I can go from feeling pretty normal to depressed, hating everything, crying etc... and i can flick from that to laughing madly over literally nothing, feeling pressure to say a hundred things which i dont even notice im thinking about ...
It is even more confusing as the depression tends to last a lot longer than the more 'high' mood. Depression can last hours in a day - few days.. with intervals of normal mood.. and then suddenly i can just flick and be high and crazy.. which tends to last from between a few minutes to maybe an hour at most..
I dunno if that is.. some form of rapid cycling.. im seeing someone about all this soon =| ... does it sound like I could suffer from.. something? Haha sorry this is your thread and im now asking you for advice...

But, i can relate to how you feel.. it's very wearing going through so many mood changes so fast. You never know how you are going to feel and it makes it hard to plan things as your mood can effect it so much =/... if you ever wanna chat I have MSN - just ask :)

OrangeBracelet-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)