RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
mollysaysrecover
And when I lose myself, I think of you.

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Can't find a way to help..

I can't find a way that works. None even help. Songs that are 'inspriational' just make me cry, other forms of harm don't work (snapping an elastic band) and i can't talk to anyone. I have one friend that will listen and my boyfriend will too, but i can't keep piling my problems and secrets and things onto them. I'm sure they'll have had enough of it by the end. I feel like rubbish. Someone has moved my blade from it's place, so i'm left to sit and cry and cry. I don't know what to do. I've felt better for about 3 days, i thought this was over. It's sunny outside, i should feel better. But the weather isn't improving my mood either. To be honest it makes me feel worse. I feel so alone.

Happiness is a form of courage
~ Holbrook Jackson

''Although the scars of yesterday remain, you can go on living as much as your heart believes. You can't be born again, although you can change.''
~ Fruits Basket

mollysaysrecover is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Cazki
14/6/2007 -

I am currently:

I'm sorry that your struggling and that you havent found a way that works or that helps you. Have you tried looking at the Big Distractions Page? There are also lots of other distractions you can try, such as listening to music, doing jobs to keep yourself busy or going for a walk. I'm sure that your boyfriend and your friend wont get fed up with you.

I'm sure they are happy to help and listen to you. Have you got any professional support? If not perhaps you could consider getting some extra support? I think it would help you to make an appointment at the doctors to talk things over and state that your struggling and how your feeling. Dont give up, you will get through this. Dont beat yourself up. Stay safe.

Take care all the best Ian

14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
Puppet Strings
commonplace.

To be honest, I think the worst thing you can do right now is push your boyfriend and those who do care, and you can confide in, away from you. You need all the support you can get, and I know how hard it is to cope with knowing you're putting all your problems on someone else, and wanting to not do that, but I'm sure they would much rather have to listen than know you're suffering more in silence. It may also help to seek out some professional help, through your GP, as that would also take away some of the extra stress you have of feeling as if you're piling it all on your boyfriend. You'd have some specific to talk to, someone knowledgable in that field, to give you advice and targeted support. It's scary to begin with, it's as scary as hell to make the first steps, but you're more than entitled to it, and it would be worth it for yourself, but also those you care so much about like your boyfriend.

The other thing is that yes, you may want to feel happier, but you cannot force happiness in such a shallow way. The sun cannot instantly make you happy, neither can inspirational songs, and it's okay to feel down sometimes. I'm not saying sit there and feel awful all the time and do nothing about it, because that's just as unhelpful, but then forcing yourself to be happy when you feel you should be doesn't help either. Try and recognise your emotions, see if there are any patterns, triggers, and go from there.

There are so so so many distractions, so many other things - drawing on yourself in red pen, exercise, etc etc etc. But sometimes nothing can help except sorting out what's causing all this to begin with, and this is where perhaps some more professional help may help.

This all can get better, I'm proof of this - once very much in a similar place to you, now recovered and happy. It can happen, there are so many ways in which things can get better.

Take care, xx

I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright

:heart:

Puppet Strings is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)