RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #6941
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Sigh. I decided to do a rare bit of tidying up and tidied up Lucas toys while he was having lunch with my partner and now 10 minutes later the toys are everywhere again! You can't be house proud with a toddler :p

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #6942
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

They won't refuse your deposit for that, plus you can touch the paint up, we've never had problems but we paint the walls with vinyl silk paint. You could get some colorful net or voile and pin it into a corner of the room and spread it onto both walls. You could also ask permission to paint that one room.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #6943
Popple

We have loads of problems with this flat. Discovered a load more mould today behind the wardrobes. The only room that is mould free now is the nursery probably because it is the only room that is warm. They painted with really cheap paint because it is peeling in the bathroom loads and if you so much as wipe it with a baby wipe it comes off!

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #6944
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

That sounds terrible! Is there nothing you can do about it? You'd be helping them out if you painted for them and made the place a little nicer - maybe you could get permission to paint in colours approved by them?
Rainbow theme sounds cool! We went with a space theme, the best part is that my best friend is sending us over a Tardis wall sticker to go in the corner of the room :p

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #6945
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

Hey all *waves!*

sorry ive not been around much, its totally mental here! Toms contract finished just before christmas so he has been home all the time and no help at all its like having 3 kids to look after and no money coming in! (although it does look like he has got something now but its part time)
Rebecca is crawling now, and i mean propper crawing up on all 4's and really fast, Saul who up till now had been the perfect big brother has started hitting Rebecca, because she keeps going for his toys, the other day he got down on all 4's like her and headbutted her!!!! (and like Oliver she keeps going for the wires!!!) Saul has also stopped eating his dinner, we have stopped all snacks, but he is so skinny his trousers are falling down and im worried, somone reccomended jo frosts book (didnt say which one and when i looked there are a few) as anyone read one? or got any advice please HELP!!!

Kirsty I had really bad back pain with both pregnancys at 12-14ish weeks but it went after that till about 28 weeks think it was the way the baby was lying
I had sore nipples too, found I couldnt wear a bra with a seam over the nipple, i bought washable breast pads and they cushened the area, quite often they were really sore and were a blue purple colour

we were really worried about how our cats would be when we had our first especially as the little one (my husband calls her the delinquent!) sleeps in the bed with us, usually on me, from about 35 weeks we kept them out the bedroom at night so they would get used to it when the baby came, and we left baby things all over the house, when I had my son, my husband brought both his and my washing home from the hospital and left i in the baby stuff so they were introduced to the smells, then when we came home I came in first made a big fuss of the cats ( i was in for a week so we had all really missed each other!) then we let them have a good sniff at the baby, they were quite comical cause he was asleep and every time he moved they jumped about 6 foot in he air!
it turned out the little one (female) was very maternal we never jumped to him when he cried we would leave him to see if he could settle himself, and the cat would be round our feet meawing as if to say, he baby needs you!
and once the big cat (male) was looking in the carry cot, and the wee one pounced on him as if to say get away from my baby
now the big cat will come and let the kids stroke him, and the wee one, she is fast and just runs away and hides
with our second baby we didnt even bother shutting them out the bedroom, as they have never gone into the cot, or the toddlers bed.

oh and lovely lovely photos i feel i should join in!

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #6946
Popple

haha sharli your nursery sounds amazing!

We are going to clean the mould off again and then they are supposed to be coming out soon to look at the vents because they don't think they are working properly. I am tempted to just paint the bathroom in magnolia (the same as it is) to cover up the nasty walls. The last people who lived here made a mess of it. I am also tempted to paint the wall in the little room that is covered in blu tack marks but I don't really have time.

Just found out that my workload for the next 2 months has doubled because I have to write half my dissertation again.

Bless them they look so cute :)

Old 27-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #6947
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-liscious View Post

Kirsty I had really bad back pain with both pregnancys at 12-14ish weeks but it went after that till about 28 weeks think it was the way the baby was lying
I had sore nipples too, found I couldnt wear a bra with a seam over the nipple, i bought washable breast pads and they cushened the area, quite often they were really sore and were a blue purple colour
My back has been slightly less sore towards the end of last week, and I asked my manager dir a new chair in work. I'm hoping once my branch gets a refurbishment we get new chairs, but I work in the back office so I doubt we are a priority :(
I will have a look at my bras, the only problem is I am already overflowing a g-cup, I'm running out of places to shop!! I do sit around the house without a bra on most nights, and it seems to be helping at the moment

I have diabetes testing at the hospital on Wednesday morning, which is even more blood tests -/ hopefully the vein that they found last week can still work!!

They keep mentioning my weight, I am overweight and I know that, I try and eat small portions and eat healthily, but Andrew keeps weighing out too much food if he is in charge of the cooking. So far the midwife has said that i am overweight and so it will cause loads of issues, but they haven't given me any advice about what I shouldn't be eating or what rate I should be gaining weight at or anything like that. It's starting to get me down a lot, I don't obliviously look pregnant yet, I just look really fat :( andrew keeps telling me I look gorgeous, but I can't see it. I am also worried I'm not eating enough, I have no appetite in the evenings and don't eat much of my dinner, and I'm eating less at lunch time as well. I guess I'm just worried still about damaging baby :(

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #6948
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I'm overweight and although it was mentioned my midwife was also overweight so kinda sympathised with me. The consultant I saw said I should try and not put any weight on but in the end I put a stone on but lost it all before I even left hospital. In the end my weight caused no issues with the cesarean as it was out of our control.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #6949

I am currently:

My midwife is a size 10, and didn't seem to believe me when I said that a medical professional in the past had suggested I join weight watchers :/

So far I have gained no weight, so I'm hoping that continues for a while, but then I don't know if that is actually okay, and I don't see my midwife again til mid February.

Old 27-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #6950
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Aw Katy thats a lot of extra work tho, hopefully something can be done about it and the vents are the problem? Our nursery is kind of minimal as far as the theme, we have glow in the dark stars around the ceiling and some on the bin, and planets hanging from the ceiling, but nothing too space-y (despite my mother in laws best efforts to make us buy a rocket shaped dresser, or crib bedding with stars all over it)

Just a girl, im technically classed as overweight and my dr hasn't mentioned it once which i found very odd as usually theyre all over me saying how i need to drop weight, yet since pregnancy, nothing...wondering if maybe they're scared of pregnant women :P I've given up on bras, im stuffed into an underwired one thats still a cup size too small after sacrificing back size because there is literally nowhere around here that sells bigger bras and i dont want to order online since sizes are so varied >-<

D-liscious, your kids are adorable!!! I hope our cats are good with the baby we have four of them, all with such different personalities, and our more timid kitty house soils with changes, so we're worried about that too! x-X

Im gonna throw on some pics of the nursery if anyone wants to see :)
The following content has been hidden - Reason : Nursery Pics

Old 27-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #6951
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

I have always had big boobs and I'm lucky there is a independent small bra shop near me so I can buy them from there most of there bras are Freya and you can order then online. I can't buy bras from normal shops apart from maybe debenhams but they are always granny bras! Try finding a small shop that isnt a chain.

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #6952
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

The only small shop in this stupid huge city charges over $400 for a 'custom bra' and dont do maternity bras either - woe is me! :p

Old 27-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #6953
Popple

It looks really nice Sharli!
I finished emptying out the craft room today which means hopefully this week I will be able to make a start on putting up furniture and turning it into a nursery. I think I managed to get like 11 bags of rubbish out of the craft room though. The hoarder in me had to be suppressed!

Can't wait for it to start looking like a nursery though.

Old 27-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #6954

I am currently:

I could go to bravissimo, but the customer service in my local one is crap! Last time I was there they put me in a 34 back, and didn't tell me. I am a 38 at least -/ and that was my bridal underwear and it was all bent out of shape after a dress fitting so I couldn't even wear it on my wedding day. I wish aberdeen had better shops. I'm hopefully going to Glasgow next weekend so will have a look while I'm down there

Sharli, I love the nursery!! Ours will probably end up with a retro video game theme or a sci fi/tardis theme!!

Old 27-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #6955
squirrelspit

I am currently:

oh my gosh Sharli! Im not sure youve got enough baby clothes there. :P

the nursery looks lovely.

I cant wait until Oliver can have a space of his own.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #6956
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Katy that's impressive, i've been moving things from one room to another in an attempt to keep them! Luckily we'd just moved into this place so that room was always baby's room and didn't require re-designation!

Just a girl, I wanted to go with a cooler theme but hubby wouldnt agree on anything, and this way i dont need to paint it again until he's older which works for me, i HATE painting!!!

Charlie - lol! Its for right up until 18mos, all hand me downs from my sister in law, if you look in the cupboard then that white bag is ALL clothes, and the bag under the bed there is ALL shoes! Damn kid has more stuff than i do!! AND people keep buying us little outfits, which is cute and awesome but holy crap he's never gonna wear all that!!!!

In other news, i got my cloth diapers today, they are SO CUTE! XD

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Just the cute ones...

The brand is 'bum genius' and the black one has equations and im a genius written on it lol

Old 28-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #6957
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

sharli the room is lovely, I have never made a nursey 1st time cause we were selling the flat, and second as we have not decided if the kids are having their own rooms or if they will share, if Rebecca ever sleeps through my choice is that they should share, but at 7 months she is still up twice so don't see her sleeping through any time soon!!!

we will NEED to see bubs in those nappies!!!!
also (you prob dont need me to tell you but make sure you have lots of cat trays in the house, they recommend 2per cat! and that should stop any inappropriate toileting)

kirsty I actually lost weight when i was pregnant i was lighter the day i had both my babies than i was the day i feel pregnant, they were both health weights (7lb11oz & 8lb7oz) your body will take what it needs, i was sick right through my second pregnancy and worried about that but midwife said as long as i was keeping fluids down not to worry

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #6958
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Yeah when they're young sharing makes the most sense anyway as long as they both sleep well!

The litter trays are sooo not the prob, we have a lot of huge ones and change them daily, the cats vindictive, if something happens she doesnt like, she will seek out clothes to pee on (even pulling them out the laundry basket!) So im just hoping she likes the baby, we're trying to make the transition as easy as possible for her, and they have their own baby free space in the basement :)

Old 28-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #6959
Popple

4d scan was AMAZING! She was being really stubborn first she had her hands infront of her face, then after a walk and some food she had her feet in front of her face another walk and some more chocolate finally made her cooperate and we got some gorgeous pictures and a lovely video. We see her yawn in the video which is really cute :)

Old 28-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #6960
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

aww thats awesome, we had to go back a few weeks later to try again as the lil bugger had hands, feet and cord in front of his face, the second time around he kept one hand in front of his face at all times for pretty much the whole scan! Isn't it odd how much you can see in the scans?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)